3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: hunting in an uncertain economy  (Read 1380 times)

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: hunting in an uncertain economy
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2009, 08:59:00 AM »
:thumbsup:     :thumbsup:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline blueline

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2009, 09:01:00 AM »
I would scratch up the bucks to go. The contacts you make will be priceless!!!
Blueline

Mahaska  66" 47 @ 29
Morrison 58" 54 @ 28
Bear grizzly 58" 45@28

Offline Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2009, 09:04:00 AM »
When I was younger I put off things a lot because of money. I missed out on some great times and nowdays I make sure if i can swing it I am there. For the money you are talking about I would definitely go since there is much more value hunting with your friends then $300.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2009, 11:43:00 AM »
Good post Roger!
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2009, 11:49:00 AM »
Good post Roger...I`m even agreeing with Biggie...sheesh.RC

Offline Rooselk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2009, 12:01:00 PM »
Originally posted by Biggie Hoffman:
Nope. My family is used to bologna.
They're all grown up enough to work  :-)
Yep.   :D  

My family went through some hard times for awhile when I was a kid. For a time we had hamhocks and navy beans for dinner several times a week. For some reason my mom felt pretty bad about that. But I certainly didn't share her feelings on that food. I mean I loved the stuff - and still do.

When one reads the writings of an earlier generation of bowhunters, like Chet Stevenson and others, one knows that activities like bowhunting didn't stop because of hard economic times. My father and grandfathers lived through the Great Depression of the 1930's and all of them hunted during that era. And what we are experiencing today is not anywhere near on the order of economic hardship of what that earlier generation faced 70 years ago.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters • Traditional Bowhunters of Montana • Montana Bowhunters Association

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2009, 08:45:00 PM »
"Nope. My family is used to bologna."

Ha! Nothing builds character like fried bologna sandwiches.....except maybe cold meatloaf with mustard on Wonderbread!

My wife and I have been well off, dirt poor, and in the middle. The truth is, our best times were when we had to scramble a bit to feed the kids.

Offline Flinttim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2009, 09:06:00 PM »
Rooselk, we were what would now be called poor when I was growing up. Seemed sometimes we lived on fried taters and beans and cornbread. I told myself I would never eat them again. Now that I'm older and wiser they sound terribly good to me.Mmmm!
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Mo. Huntin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2009, 11:30:00 PM »
Rodge I already work a rediculous amount of the time.  I do fine.  It is just that when do you call money extra money unless you have a million dollars in the bank you never feel secure.  I'm at the computer because that is what I do on my breaks at work.  I work by myself and am happy to call the people here at tradgang my friends at work.  I have worked hard all my life so please don't get the wrong ides.  Maybe it is just my thin skin but I felt I need to clarify.  I'm not being hostile just defensive.  It does not matter any way I'm going to go.  I love hunting hogs with friends to much to miss out.

Offline Blackstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2009, 12:15:00 AM »
I agree that the economic situation is uncertain. Just today I have lost my 2nd automotive job in 18 months. No regrets here as I have already done everything in my life, I ever wanted to do, except go on a big out of state hunt. With that being said, I will now contribute a little bit to the economic decline by not building a new barn this year. It’s the domino effect. If you don' spend that $300 someone else will suffer a little tiny bit. JMO

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2009, 12:20:00 AM »
Originally posted by Roger Norris II:
"Nope. My family is used to bologna."

Ha! Nothing builds character like fried bologna sandwiches.....except maybe cold meatloaf with mustard on Wonderbread!

My wife and I have been well off, dirt poor, and in the middle. The truth is, our best times were when we had to scramble a bit to feed the kids.
Ha!! Looks like we enjoy the same goodies,LOL!
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2009, 12:39:00 AM »
This is the problem when we trade time for money though unltimately. You can't have both at the same time. It sucks. Like I say I have been trying like many do to try to find ways to make a residual income along with my regular income.

The key to wealth is making money while you sleep and we could all use a little more sleep.

In my original post I was told I was bordering on being some kinda salesman on this site and that wasn't my intent and I appologised and retracted my post...well most of it.

My problem is I am trying to make a difference. My dad always told me if I couldn't anything nice then keep your mouth shut....still it's hard to keep mine shut when I think I can open ppls eyes to more possibilities.

I hate how ppl have to struggle (me included) day to day paycheck to paycheck and always be worried about income and their jobs.

I have that with my kids and it hurts. My dad knew a job and a job only. I was shown another way and I was trying to open my kids eyes to other possibilities too.

Anyway I hope you go on your hunt and my offer is still on the table. Just make sure you get some video and pics for us ok

Jer Bear

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2009, 10:10:00 AM »
Good post Roger...I`m even agreeing with Biggie...sheesh.RC
RC

You are coming along well grasshopper...........
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline HATCHCHASER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2009, 11:12:00 AM »
Go Get them hawgs!  :campfire:
It's not the arrival, it's the journey.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2009, 02:32:00 PM »
Mo. Huntin - I wasn't insinuating anything about you personally. I was "ranting" in general terms. Don't take my comments negatively.

I hope you make plans to go on your hunt.

Offline Mo. Huntin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2009, 09:44:00 PM »
As I reread it Roger I thought I may have possibly misunderstood but I had already posted.  No worries.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©