3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hunting near N. Charleston SC ?  (Read 207 times)

Offline longbow fanatic 1

• Trad Bowhunter
Hunting near N. Charleston SC ?
« on: January 14, 2009, 08:55:00 AM »
My brother lives in the North Charleston area of South Carolina and I have spent quite a bit of time vacationing in the low country with my wife and kids. My brother doesn't hunt, but I understand there are good deer, pig and turkey populations in this area of the state. Can any of you Trad Gangers give me some tips on productive areas to hunt in that area? I would like to hunt different times of the year for varying species, as time allows- Not sure if there is an established season on hogs down there.

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hunting near N. Charleston SC ?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 10:00:00 AM »
Check out the Francis Marion National Forest just  north of Charleston. Hunted deer there during the 70's. They had pigs as well and that was 30 plus years ago. Great place to hunt. Course it could be a subdivision by now.  :banghead:

Offline longbow fanatic 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 12:31:00 PM »
Thanks Bill. I'll check it out.Any idea how far it is to FMNF from N. Charleston?

Offline TimZeigler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 12:38:00 PM »
Francis Marion runs from Georgetown clear across to Monks Corner.  You can get free WMA maps at the local sporting shops.  Hadrells, Henrys, and I have a few if they don't have any.  There are some local sporting websites as well with online copies.
USMC 1992-2000
PBS Associate Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©