3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hog hunt next tuesday  (Read 500 times)

Offline S. Brant Osborn

• Trad Bowhunter
Hog hunt next tuesday
« on: January 16, 2009, 12:12:00 PM »
I will be going with some friends and family on a hog hunt tuesday and stay 3 days.  I will be the only trad shooter....again.  They will laugh and make the jokes, but later each one will want to shoot up all of my "indian arrows".  

I'll be huntin with my old style Morrison recurve.  No foam or carbon, just bamboo stained under glass.  I call her "old Ugly".  It will be a reunion of friends and I am sure a pig will be brought in by someone.  i am there to keep em out of trouble!  

I am pumped!
Brant
"I'm the proud son of a Vietnam Vet and proud to be Made in America!"

Offline NorthernCaliforniaHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hog hunt next tuesday
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 12:33:00 PM »
Best of luck Brant,
I wish for you a chance to be that last one laughing with a hog underfoot with a funny "indian arrow" acting like a flagpole waiving your victory in their faces!!  :p
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Find me at ShareTheBounty

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 12:38:00 PM »
Brant,

Here is one I shot with my old Morrison Dakota last year. I have new uglier foam/carbon all black Morrisons but that old Dakota is a killer at 75#. Have fun and show those guys that trad rules.
hunt it

Offline NorthernCaliforniaHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 12:46:00 PM »
Now THAT's what you've got to keep visualizing!

Do you mind if I photo-shop my head onto your body, oh, and will you send me some pork chops?  :D   That'll help get me pumped!

I've shot many a hog but haven't taken any game with my bow yet (had it a week now!) I'm 'in the kill zone' consistantly enough I bought some broadheads and can't wait to get out to where the porkers are!!!
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Find me at ShareTheBounty

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 01:30:00 PM »
Brant, I'll put my money on you being the first to kill a hog. Funny thing abouts those who talk and poke fun at others cause they do things a little different or outside the norm. Their insecurities come home to roost and they get bitten on the butt. Have fun, shoot straight and "Keep'um Sharp".

Bill Turner  :archer:    :clapper:

Offline S. Brant Osborn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 11:40:00 AM »
Keep your money in your pocket Bill!  I am not a sure thing!  But thanks.  Man we have got to get together!

Nice hog and bow David.  75lbs!  I would have to strap it to the bumper of my truck and pull with both hands.  I have started training to work up to a heavier draw.

hunting is just that.  You never know who will come home with game.  I do know who is going to have the most fun!

Thanks for the well wishes NCH.  Who knows, I once heard a tale about a blind sow and acorns....Hey i wounder if there will be any blind sows there.

Brant
"I'm the proud son of a Vietnam Vet and proud to be Made in America!"

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 02:33:00 PM »
Fun w/friends is key. Between here and there you won't run out of hogs.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline Son of Texas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 07:22:00 PM »
Brant do you hunt in northwest Louisiana? My inlaws live Benton and I hunt with them a lot.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©