3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The latest Bowyers Journal  (Read 479 times)

Offline archenemy

• Trad Bowhunter
The latest Bowyers Journal
« on: January 16, 2009, 03:57:00 PM »
I just want to give Tom Colstad 2 thumbs up for the latest TBJ issue. I got it yesterday and have to say I its the best one I've ever read. A Great story by George Tsoukalas and a good way to get back to the basics in Keys to Good Instinctive Shooting by Dale Klug. I also liked The 'Pressure' Target by Tom himself. I am going to steal his plan and make a couple of whitetail targets like his elk. The Merkel method selfbow is also a great read. There are several more stories I have yet to read. Can't wait to pick it back up tonight.
Archenemy
I am my own worst enemy!!!

Offline TimZeigler

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The latest Bowyers Journal
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 07:23:00 PM »
I agree.  I've really enjoyed what I've read so far.
USMC 1992-2000
PBS Associate Member

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 07:31:00 PM »
Its pretty good, just hope it stays this good and maybe even gets better. I hope people subscribe and make it a smashing success!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 07:33:00 PM »
I wish I could write.  I would really like that mag to make it and all of us reading it and participating can help that along.  I like to read about it and even though I have never made a "primitive" bow, I will some day soon.

Wow. I wish i was retired so I could do all the things I really want to.
chuckC

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 09:25:00 PM »
Havn't gotten the latest issue yet. Wonder if they remember I'm a subscriber...

Offline suburbanirma

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 11:45:00 PM »
Thanks for the nice comments on the Winter 08 Bowyer's Journal, guys. I had lots of help with the Winter issue from several contributing writers and hope to enlist more talented story tellers from the ranks of the magazine's readership and TradGang members in upcoming issues of TradArchers' World. The premier issue of TradArchers' World magazine will be out in early March. As with The Bowyer's Journal, TA World will feature various bow making and traditional archery equipment crafting stories as the "core" of the magazine. Just about anything else we do with our sticks and strings is fair game for stories, too. I want TA World to involve all areas of traditional archery and show the casual reader the great fun we have. Maybe, those readers will think, "Those people really look like they are having fun. I'd like to try that, too!" I will strive to improve the magazine with every issue.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 12:01:00 AM »
Tom will have a booth at Kalamazoo in a couple of weeks.  Make sure to stop by and sign up if you don't already get it!  Nothing wrong with TBM, but I sure think there is room for another magazine within our ranks.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©