3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I feel sorry for you nothern folks/ it's cold here  (Read 1371 times)

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I feel sorry for you nothern folks/ it's cold here
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2009, 11:46:00 PM »
Swamp pigmy

It only feezes twice here too. Sept to april..tee hee.

I guess like somebody said you get climatized for it. we are glad to share the northern experience with our southern neibours anytime hey think they know what cold really is.

remember...two seasons....winter and poor sledding:jumper:

Right now it's zero Celsius...feels like SUMMER

Jer Bear

Offline Holm-Made

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2009, 11:54:00 PM »
I only had -34 in the truck this morning on the way to work.  Yesterday was about -25 with wind when I got up.  I split up a half cord of firewood and delivered it to a lady before 10:00.  As an old Finlander friend of mine says "put your big boy pants on, your gonna make it."   :p  Chad

Offline Swamp Pygmy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2009, 12:02:00 AM »
I really can't even imagine that. I've never been anywhere near that cold. Even now its right at freezing but by next week I'll be wearing shorts again. We'll have a week of cold, then its back up to the mid 60s.
South Louisiana Longbow Shooter

The only trophy you'll ever bring home is a good time. The rest is just meat. -SP

Offline Holm-Made

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2009, 01:41:00 AM »
It's what your used to I guess.  Next week it's suppose to get to 30 degrees above.  It will feel like 60 degrees.  That will be a 60 degree swing in a couple days.  I do like the change in climate and temperatures we have here though.  Never boring.  Chad

Online Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2009, 02:36:00 AM »
Hey guys man it sure was cold here in MI. I got up late cause here at collage we had mid terms the last 2day so they gave us 2day off. I walked to my truck so I could drive home and man the wind hit me. I was thinking about shooting but I said the Hell with.

Take Care,

Cody
We as archer's must keep it alive by helping others into the sport WE LOVE.

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2009, 06:19:00 AM »
It was 20 degrees here in Ga this morning. I had to turn off my AC.
I really enjoy it but am glad I don't have to deal with it for 3 or 4 months like you yanks do.

Even the hogs are smart enough to lay in a pile until afternoon when it warms up!
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Online Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2009, 06:23:00 AM »
Biggie, thats what I love about hog huntin. you can lay out half the night, sleep in and still go shot one. Don(ps, Cory said hey)
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline wapitimike1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2009, 06:41:00 AM »
I'll be out there at 1 PM today. It's not supose to get above 15. That's warmer then New Years day though. I have to see if I can't get a repeat.

Offline vtmtnman

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2009, 06:50:00 AM »
The best part of -20 is when it gets back up to 25 it's t shirt weather.  :thumbsup:  

It don't bother me that much.I love the cold.No bugs,sweating,sunburn.I can find something I like about every season...except spring and summer.  :biglaugh:  We have a fifth season up our way...mud.Comes in between winter and spring.

I could never live in the south with all that humidity and heat.I was in GA last year in July.Never in my life have I experienced humdity like that.And I hope never to again!(This from a guy that had just come back from 28 months in Iraq,with 120 in the shade and 153 in the sun.   :biglaugh:  )

Old VT sayin' is six months of winter,six months of damn poor sleddin'
>>>>--TGMM family of the bow--->

Offline VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2009, 07:41:00 AM »
Biggie, are you saying the hogs are smart or just smarter than us "Yanks"!
Schafer Silvertip 66#-"In memory", Green Mountain Longbow 60#, Hill Country Harvest Master TD 59#

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
    - Doug Lawson.

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2009, 08:07:00 AM »
Yep I had an assistant years ago that was from Edmonton.  I asked her what the weather was like and she said ' Well we have 10 months of winter and 2 months of poor sledding."

I guess I love Texas even more.  It's 45 now and is looking like low too mid 60s through the weekend.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2009, 08:18:00 AM »
Heat wave! 18 on the plus side this morning at sunrise. Had a smoke on the back porch in my bathrobe and slippers. Lots better than northern Maine where a local told me the seasons were, "Winter and road repair."

I did get a little tan at the Solana (TX) hunt a couple weeks ago, but it gets kinda warm there in the summer.

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2009, 09:35:00 AM »
Mike, Texas is so dang big that it could be snowing in the north and someone in the south laying out in the sun down on Padre Island.

Don, about half of the heat in the shop comes from burning wood this year. Like traditional archery it makes you feel a little more connected to nature.

Offline nutmeg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2009, 09:51:00 AM »
It's warming up here in Ct. It was only -7 this morning and heading to 18F. 2to5 inches of snow coming tonight. Hey it's almost T-shirt weather,lol (nut)
Rich Potter

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2009, 09:53:00 AM »
Greg, they're smart enough to lay in a pile when it's cold, but it sure is interesting if you come up on them in that state of mind!
As far as smater than, you'll have to make that comparison yourself  :-)
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline kevgsp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2009, 09:53:00 AM »
-20C here for the last few days....nothing but wood heat for us, burn 5 cords a year.

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2009, 10:29:00 AM »
hey it was minus 39 at the farm house yesterday am and from my kitchen window I watched 8 deer feeding on the hill side, I dont know how they do it but it always gives me pause when I see how tuff they are
Make a life, not a living

Offline VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2009, 10:43:00 AM »
Biggie, I think the hogs have already made that comparison. They're smart enough not to live up here.    ;)
Schafer Silvertip 66#-"In memory", Green Mountain Longbow 60#, Hill Country Harvest Master TD 59#

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
    - Doug Lawson.

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2009, 11:18:00 AM »
About 3 right now, that wind has a good bite to it though. That dont bother me but after a couple dozen arrows my finners are to cold to shoot.

Eric

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2009, 01:21:00 PM »
It was -9 this morning when we got out there, I think.  Lots of wool layers and minimal exposed skin - that's how it works.

:-D

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©