3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I feel sorry for you nothern folks/ it's cold here  (Read 1370 times)

Offline doubleo

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I feel sorry for you nothern folks/ it's cold here
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2009, 03:14:00 PM »
Went to a 3d shoot in Wausau,Wi. last sat. The temp. was -12 when we got there but it wasn"t too bad cause there wasn't any wind. I left my day one parka in the car for a couple hours while we shot indoor first. When i took it out of the car it was like i had just washed it and it was frooze solid. I guess it was the wind proof lining in the parka. After it warmed up for 10 minutes it was ok. It was a lot of fun once we got out on the outdoor course. This week temps were down around -15 with wind chill -30 to -40.
Wisconsin Traditional Archers Member

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2009, 06:03:00 PM »
Just got in from 3 1/2 hours bowhunting deer in this frigid stuff. Even my chemical warmers that are supposed to last 6 hrs were done before I quit. That is what I call cold. With wind chill, I think it was 10 or 11 below zero. Never saw a deer, oh well it was fun. Saw lots of squirrels!

-Charlie

Offline NDTerminator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2009, 06:38:00 PM »
35 below out here at my farmstead when I got up at 0600 the other morning.  Been more below zero days since November than above.  Just part of living in ND and you get used to it.  Really cuts into the outside bow practice, though...  

Besides, keeps the riff raff out of the state...     :D
"As Trad as I wanna be"

"It's all just archery, and all archery is good"

Offline Harmless

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2009, 06:51:00 PM »
-13 this morning when I got up for "WORK". As luck would have it half my day was spent working outside today  :(   The tempature wasnt the bad part it was the steady screaming wind out of the south....
Hoots custom, lil Hoot
Blackwidow PSA111
Dwyer Dauntless
and a whole bunch of Bears

>>-Shoot Straight-->

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2009, 10:07:00 PM »
I feel sorry for ppl in big cities...rush hour...no time..tons of ppl

We have rush minute in the Yukon..heck there are only 18 traffic lights in the whole territory...

I'll take the colder weather if it means we have less ppl

jer bear

Offline Arrowhead80

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2009, 10:31:00 PM »
Hey Batman, I'll take this cold all day long compared to our summers.I can always put on more clothes in winter but if I take off too many in summer people complain!
Possum the other white meat

Online Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2009, 09:25:00 AM »
I don't know Preston, In the hot weather my crakers don't break off in my potted meat. DB
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2009, 11:17:00 AM »
We get the best/worst??? of both worlds here in Illinois.  -20 last week, not uncommon to be near 100 in the summer with tropical jungle humidity. The thing that makes it tolerable is the extremes of hot and cold come in relatively short stretches.  We don't get weeks/months on end of those temps like our neighbors to the north and south.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2009, 11:19:00 AM »
I'm with Don (only live about 30 mins down the road) - I was born and raised in NH and we went back to Maine for six years to be with Ma 'til she passed - AND I still hate it when it gets cold in NC, which it's doing to durned much lately. I know it is much worse in most of the USA (this year particularly) but cold is what's cold where you are at the time, and I've never liked it. Plus it is a dry cold in NH and ME (except near the coast) so if you dress for it you are OK - except if you leave bare skin out too long. This is a damp cold down here and you (I) can put all kind of clothes on and it still goes right through and gets into your very bones. I don't care what anybody says - Ah hates the C-O-L-D!!!  :(  

(I will hang in there til it warms up though, but I don't gotta like it   :D  )
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©