3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: (PICS. !!)A Little Warm Up!!(JLM BUNNYHUNT STYLE)  (Read 1439 times)

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: (PICS. !!)A Little Warm Up!!(JLM BUNNYHUNT STYLE)
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2009, 10:14:00 PM »
The last hour of daylight was just crazy!!! Bunny's and arrows all over the place......Took a shot at a sitting rabbit thru some thick stuff...could'a sworn I hit it right in the head...but it took off running...went looking for my arrow and came up empty and not sign of a hit. So I continued on and 15yds ahead I see my arrow laying...I had in fact hit that bunny! Had blood 6" up the shaft and no bunny!!  Later realized that was right where Terry had another wounded bunny in sight,lots of blood, but he vanished,never did recover that one.....Tuff, Tuff bunny's!!!

Then in the heat of arrows flying again I waded into some brush to kick around as Terry and Shawn had a bunch in front of them...Terry yells that one was coming right at me...with briars pulling on me from every direction I managed to nock an arrow...somehow draw my bow and snake an arrow thru and punch another hex blunt into this bunny...again he was off!! Shawn shot and missed... Last time we saw him he was draggin' my $10 carbon arrow about 100yds away!! Shawn took off after him, but again, it seemed to simply vanish before our eyes!!!  Unbelievable!!!!!!

Did someone mention blood...Shawn said I'd taken good one...on the way home I checked in the r.v. mirror...sure enough...I snapped this pic of myself as I drove.....

If you're not bleedin', you're not huntin'!! You can see I pierced my ear, and took a few to the face.  Fun stuff!!!!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2009, 04:26:00 AM »
How is it that Damon is so deadly on Bunny's but has a hard time with the deer   :bigsmyl:  Nice shooting guy's     :thumbsup:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2009, 06:09:00 AM »
Very cool can't wait for Feb.....

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2009, 07:54:00 AM »
Damon, can shoot lights out, we think he just has to aim small miss small, bunnies are small. Great hunt, hope FEb. is just as good! OOOHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2009, 09:33:00 AM »
Bud, I'm sure Feb. gonna be great as long as we don't get TOO much snow!!  But heck,we killed a ton with 2-3ft on the ground 2 yrs. ago,so we'll be fine.....

Still de-thorning.....

wish I took more pix, but we were kinda busy   :goldtooth:
Curt } >>--->   

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2009, 09:35:00 AM »
Yeah I am still dethorning too....worth it though.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2009, 09:39:00 AM »
Unbelievable guys.........I can't wait!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2009, 09:46:00 AM »
David, you were missed bud    :campfire:
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2009, 10:10:00 AM »
I missed being there too Curt, I almost called you at 2:15 to see if you guys had anything down yet........at least you kept the thorns out of your eye this time!  :thumbsup:    :campfire:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2009, 11:28:00 AM »
Ive been telling guys at work this morning about the warmup hunt and they all say they have never seen bunnies like we did yesterday.Im with them on that.Still pulling thorns from my legs but man did I ever need that hunt.Been working too much and this hunt was real therapy.If I ever manage to find what in my mind is the perfect dog, half pitbull and half beagle Im gonna name it Shawn cause he sure reminds me of that.After this Shawn Leonard terriers will become a recognised breed and everyones gonna want one.Thanks again Shawn for a serious deposit in my memories bank.
                        Izzy

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2009, 12:29:00 PM »
Izzy, great to have ya and your close brother. You can call me anytime and come down for a quick hunt. I have several spots to hunt that we never even see during the bunny hunt. always rabbits in there too!! I like the dog idea, ya need one that is kind of a small bull for where we hunt. I had a great time, one thing I wish I had gotten gaff down by me on the one I shot. I should of let him have a nice easy shot. It would be great to see the new guy kill one. This was a great time with an even better group of guys!!! OOOHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2009, 12:43:00 PM »
I counted fifteen thorns, and those are only the ones I could get at with a needle and tweezers. I need some sort of brush pants.
My knees are actually swollen from the amount of thorns...wonder if I am slightly allergic?

Still smiling though, and telling my wife all about it. She keeps looking at me funny though...  :jumper:
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Gaff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2009, 12:44:00 PM »
no worries shawn, i could have had no shots and still had a ball!!  :wavey:
----------------->>>>>>>
Jamie

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2009, 01:07:00 PM »
this is way funnier than a barrel of monkeys   looks like yaall had a great time.
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2009, 02:31:00 PM »
Feb. will be awesome even if we don't kill a bunny. Shawn and Guru are good friends, and I remembered a couple of the other guys from the 2007 hunt. You won't find a group more fun to be around. They are all unselfish hunters and would just a soon see you shoot than to shoot themselves. It was obvious they were all happy just to be out slinging arrows. I'll definitely be bringing some cheap ones in Feb. As Gaff said above, finding arrows after the shot is a low probability option. Look forward to seeing you all soon.

David, can't wait to see and hunt with you soon. My son has had a ball shooting the arrows you gave him. I can confidently say his success this year on the alligator was because of the time he spent shooting your arrows. Thanks again!

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2009, 04:35:00 PM »
I'm ready to do it again!!   :goldtooth:
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2009, 06:01:00 PM »
I'm looking forward to it Terry......be pretty cool if we could get that Holchin character with his bunch up for this wouldn't it?

Curt ya just gotta quit teasing me!!!!!!   :banghead:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2009, 06:21:00 PM »
Yeah I would go again in a second Curt. Especially once I get brush pants...lol.
                         -Jamie

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2009, 10:37:00 AM »
I can't believe after two years of hunting with us that you don't own brush pants    :scared:  

You must own a lot of neosporin and good tweezers   :goldtooth:
Curt } >>--->   

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2009, 10:39:00 AM »
I have a pair of old 10 oz. cotton duck pants that worked ok. For some reason Saturday, the thorns were making it through....
But like the huntmaster said, if you arent bleeding, you arent hunting hard enough.   :knothead:

Gotta tell ya though, it looks like I tackled Terry's bobcat instead of a rabbit.  :rolleyes:
                         -Jamie

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©