3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bow collecting and Kodiaks  (Read 286 times)

Offline jwingman

• Trad Bowhunter
Bow collecting and Kodiaks
« on: January 17, 2009, 08:26:00 PM »
I was wondering if the 65, 66 Super Kodiak's are going up in demand lately or something. I don't know what the total production numbers were and I know the 64 Kodiak is hard to get but are the 65's and 66's hard to get also. The reason I ask is due to the price they are bringing on the big auction sight lately. Some of the nice 65's and 66's have gone for some crazy numbers of late. I was just wondering if these are more prized as collectors bows than the 67 on up bows. There seems to be quite a few around but all of a sudden I can't touch one for the prices they are bringing. Can anyone fill me in or is it just the fickle finger of the buying public at times?
Thank
Jwingman

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bow collecting and Kodiaks
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 09:33:00 PM »
One or two buyers with deep pockets or ulterior motives are going nutz. They are doing battle on nice bow in heavy draw weights.. This too will pass.
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 10:38:00 PM »
Check out the discussion on this topic on the History/Collecting forum.  There may be a little hanky panky going on.

Offline KYArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 12:43:00 PM »
I have been wanting to try an pick up an early sixties Kodiak, and I thought now might be the time with the economy. But like you say the prices on the e--y have just been crazy lately. I wouldn't mind giving a few $s for a good one but I can't justify what they are bringing.
                  .....KYArcher

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©