3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: odd wear on rest  (Read 164 times)

Offline rkmnt2

• Trad Bowhunter
odd wear on rest
« on: January 18, 2009, 08:29:00 AM »
I've got a bit of a problem. I think my arrows are a touch over-spined and may be the cause.  What's your opinion? Do you think the cause is the arrow, tuning, or shooting form?
  It's a 55# Tomahawk...has a "grooved" shape for the rest....not just an angled shelf. The arrow is showing contact (a lot!) on the outside of this groove. I understand the archers paradox bending of the arrow but this grooved shelf design seems to inhibit the natural flex and somehow it's getting over the lip and hitting on the outside anyway. And yes....I don't get good clean flight!

Offline ISP 5353

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: odd wear on rest
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 08:44:00 AM »
I had a similar problem on a Bear Patriot longbow that I owned.  The shelf is also slightly grooved.  I raised the nock point slightly and went to a weaker spined arrow.  My arrow flight improved immediately.  Hope this helps.

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 10:27:00 AM »
Yep.  I'd suggest raising the nock point as well.  And/or turn the cock feather in if you're shooting three fletch.  Only do one at a time, though.  Try the cock feather in first.  If that doesn't work, raise the nock point.  Good luck.

Offline BEN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 02:33:00 PM »
I had this same problem on my Ancient Spirits recurve. Shooting cock-feather in solved the problem.

ben
Ben
M.O.A.B  54# Thunderstick
Ancient Spirits 62# "Thunderhawk"
Browning Wasp 45#

"VEGETARIAN"----Old Indian word for "BAD HUNTER".

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©