3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A & H  (Read 309 times)

Offline Stripstrike1

• Trad Bowhunter
A & H
« on: January 20, 2009, 11:48:00 AM »
What does the RC mean on the new riser from A & H.  I like the way that thing looks and am curious how some of you guys that have it like it.
"I wish someone would have introduced me to this sport 20 years ago."

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: A & H
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 02:02:00 PM »
The RC is for "recurve", it's shaped more like a recurve riser. I haven't tried one, but my new ACS is the nicest bow I've owned!!

Offline Big Sneaky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 02:13:00 PM »
I believe it stands for Recurve.  This is the only riser I have now.  I have sold all my other risers.  So yeah, I like it.  I has a larger throat that fits my big hands better.  Also has a thumb rest that I really like.  Helps me get my hand in the same spot every time.  The only down side is it is a 16" riser.  This means it turned my 64" bow into a 66" bow.  Hmmmm, I may have to get shorter limbs.
Always keep the wind in your face, and an arrow nocked.

Online highcountry

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 03:01:00 PM »
I had a 14" riser.  It was one great shooting bow, but I could never got used to the grip. Strange since I have other long bows and no issues.  Now I have a 16" RC.  I really like this riser. Like Big Sneaky, just added 2" to the total bow.  2" is really nothing to   :banghead:  about. Selling off the 1st A & H was tough, I am really glad I did. Hope you can find one and try it. Your the only one to say if you like it better or not. Good Luck!

Offline Yellow Dog

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 06:49:00 PM »
When you go to a 16" riser does it change the weight of the limb's? Lower then the marked weight on a 16" vs a 14"?
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 06:59:00 PM »
Yellow Dog, I think the guys at A&H told me there was no weight change between using the 14" and 16" standard risers, but going to the 16" RC riser the limbs loose about1#.

Offline PastorSteveHill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 07:09:00 PM »
A.S. you are correct.  The 16 st riser won't loose any weight, but the RC riser will cause limbs to loose a pound or so...
Blessings,
Steve

Offline Stripstrike1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 08:36:00 PM »
Great info guys....thanks.....I wish I wouldn't of looked at the A & H site....now I have to have something when I had enough stuff already.
"I wish someone would have introduced me to this sport 20 years ago."

Offline Horne Shooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 09:02:00 PM »
Stripstrike,

Sure hope you get a new A&H.  In fact, you can leave it over at my house so Donna won't know you spent some more money on hunting stuff!
You don't have to thank me now...that's what friends are for.
Live every day like its your last, one day you'll be right.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©