3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Questions on snake skin application  (Read 160 times)

Offline RickB

• Trad Bowhunter
Questions on snake skin application
« on: January 22, 2009, 07:12:00 AM »
I'm fairly new to trad archery so my question is this. I have a Damon Howatt Hunter bow and I'm thinking of putting snake skins on the limbs to dress it up a bit. Is it ok to apply them and will it afect the way the bow shoots ? Any info would be appreciated.

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Questions on snake skin application
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 08:05:00 AM »
I haven't had any adverse affects to my bows. They say you can lose some speed but I haven't noticed.Big Ed
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 08:06:00 AM »
Sure,guys have been putting snakeskins on recurves and longbows without any problems.But also have you looked at Onestringer's limb sensations,they are a limb covering in many different snakeskins and other patterns.These cost alot less then real skins,easy to apply and remove without damage to the bows finish.Onestringer is a sponsor here,just another way of dressing up a bow that is not permanent.I have done realskins on a couple of longbows,came out great but they did cost me about 3 times as much for western diamondbacks.Other snakeskins like copperhead,I seen real copperhead skins go for around $100 to $160 just for the skins.

Offline RickB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 09:07:00 AM »
That's an awesome idea thanks for the imput I think I'll go the route of Onestringer

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©