3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Help w/RDBBO Tiller?  (Read 642 times)

Offline Hillbilly Bowyer

• Trad Bowhunter
Help w/RDBBO Tiller?
« on: March 11, 2007, 06:38:00 PM »
OK, after numerous attempts, I've finally made it to the tillering stage on a Torges style R/D BBO.

I've done a few selfbows and a couple of Reflex BBO's but the R/D limbs are a little new to me.

I'd really like to shoot a few arrows thru this one, so any suggestions would be great!

Here's the pic
 http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/HillbillyBowyer/?action=view¤t=RD07001.jpg

That's the upper limb on the left-6" just past the handle. The lower limb is 6 3/16", so I need to take a little off the upper, right? Any suggestions where. The last time I tried to tiller one of these, I had to give it to my nephew when I was done!!!!
>-------->
H        B

Offline Osagetree

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Help w/RDBBO Tiller?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 08:30:00 AM »
TTT
>>--TGMM--> Family of the Bow

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 08:53:00 AM »
Did you get Dean's tillering brochure?  I highly recommend it.

Left limb is stiffer than the right.  It is difficult to tell anything on these type bows until they are bending.  Assuming you followed Dean's video, you should be able to bend it to 16" or so by now.  That'll really tell us what's happening.
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Hillbilly Bowyer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 10:05:00 AM »
Yeah John. I was just going by the video where it says the brace height should be higher on the upper limb (right side in pic) It's bending OK. I'll pull it and have the war department take a pic.

Thanks for your help-Again!

Edit! Looks like it's a moot point. The bow just broke at the fade! Dang, I wonder if Nels Grumley had this much trouble? Or maybe I'm just bow making impaired   :knothead:  

That's OK, I got three more in the process......
>-------->
H        B

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©