3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Raptor Archery closed 1 week/ Were Back  (Read 969 times)

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Raptor Archery closed 1 week/ Were Back
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2009, 09:04:00 AM »
:goldtooth:    Two nights to go. Pigs, owls, armordillo's, opossum's, and a host of other unknowns that lie in wait in the shadowy haze of moonlight as the mild breeze carries our imaginations on the wildest of rides. Jess's anyway! I think I fell asleep under a tree.   :D    CK

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2009, 09:17:00 AM »
:clapper:     :clapper:    :clapper:

Offline Ted Fry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2009, 02:00:00 PM »
OK figured I better get a few photos along with the story, here's Jesse in front of the Hotel Javelina.

Here;s one of the view from the window, where we shoot from, every day at 3:00pm an Armadillo would cross this road like clock work, gofigure?
This one I know he learned from me, what every good hunter does on stand or in a blind

This one is Curtis and Jesse checking out the lion tracks on the side of the road near where we are hunting.
Then Jesse and Curtis hanging a stand in the creek bottom for Jesse to night hunt hogs from.Notice the two foot deep dry leaves , even the little critters sound big at night in this stuff

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2009, 02:36:00 PM »
This one is Curtis and Jesse checking out the lion tracks on the side of the road near where we are hunting
:scared:    :scared:    :scared:  

They make me scared of the dark.   :readit:

Offline Full Quiver II

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2009, 02:43:00 PM »
Great stories! My 10 year old son and I visited Curtis last April and really had a wonderful time. I highly recommend Curtis' guiding services for a weekend getaway with a son or daughter.
Psalm 127:3-5
TBOF - Trad. Bowhunters of Florida
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline kctreeman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2009, 03:41:00 PM »
Ted sounded like a great time.Spending a week with Curtis is an experience in it'self.Better get back to work, youv'e got a business to run.congrats on the javie.

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2009, 06:04:00 PM »
Curtis just loves those big kitties!!  ;)  

Just think bud, that's only a few miles from home.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline PV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2009, 07:49:00 PM »
Thanks for taking us along Ted. That boy of yours has sure grown in the last two years!

Offline Ted Fry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2009, 02:57:00 PM »
Sorry guys , guess I should have tackled this
later , been a busy week here.Well lets see , we left off with Jesse retelling his story and skinning Javelina.
The next morning we were back at the Hotel Javelina, Jesse was hungry to redeem himself.
About 2:00 pm we saw some Javelina moving our direction on the dirt road but as they crossed the road the vanished for the rest of the day, we left about 5:00 as we were going to try a new style of hunting, night hunting for hogs, boy this was going to be different, I for one have not sat out after dark in south Texas, man the world comes alive when the sun goes down, armadillo , possums and raccoons everywhere, even the little guys sound big in the hardwood grove of two feet deep dry leaves.
It wasnt long and we began to hear hogs moving as well , they dont go far without some kind of a quarrel in the bunch Reeeet! snort , snort then back to foraging for food.Suddenly to my right I heard a rustle in the leaves, I slowly turned to see a possum walking up the log I had my back against, he got to within two feet and I decided to whack him on the head with my bow, off through the woods he went. The next thing I knew an Armadillo was crawling over my boot, I could hear coyotes and hogs all around but could not see them. The first night seemed to end just as we had seemed to get started but with no shots fired.
The next day found us back at the Javelina digs hoping for Jesse to get another chance, as the day progressed it was obvious the Javelina did not want to play.
No worries however after the fantastic meal of some of the best BarBQ the three of us were back to the pigs in the creek bottom for another night of Hog hunting.
Jesse was sett up right where he was the night before, I was across the creek from him covering another trail and Curtis was set up where I had been the night before.
The coyotes seemed to be quieter and the night was still as the sun set, the wind was a little mixed so we would just have to hope for the best.
When the evening air settled in the dry leaves you could smell the moisture mixed with decaying leaves and the settling of the days dust, the moon was a bit more tonight , about 1/4 full and the woods seemed a bit brighter as well, I could see just fine with out the taped on hog light on my bow, hopefully The hogs would come by Jesse rather than me as he was set up in a prime spot on one of the main trail on the corner of the wood lot.
We heard a group of pigs working their way from the south of us along the tree line and I could feel the excitement building, I knew Jesse was about to explode. The hogs moved off to the left of us across the field and toward the water hole the went to every night about this time, right into the Lap of Curtis, but I will let him tell his part of this.
After awhile they moved back toward us but you could tell there was an urgency in their pace,
Closer they came, we couldnt see them yet but the noise they make while traveling made it obvious they were en route to where Jesse was set up.
I could just make out their forms moving across the field, Jesse could see them well. Unfortunately they decided to take another of the many trails through the woods and across the dry creek bottom, you could feel the let down in both of us.
On the walk out of the creek bottom back to the car Jesse put his hand on me and said  " Oh well , thats hunting, thanks Dad".
A big heartfelt thank you was all the trophy I needed.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©