3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Permanone anyone?  (Read 1059 times)

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Permanone anyone?
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2009, 09:35:00 PM »
Thanks for the hot tip... Will it repel some of these women that keep following me around??   Man they ARE a nusance.. Have fun in texas looking forward to hunting with you in June..

Offline gobbler10ga

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2009, 09:51:00 PM »
Drink a teaspoon of vinegar at night
TEAM HILLBILLY

Offline Stick_N_String

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2009, 03:27:00 AM »
That's a heck of a deal. Does anyone know how long a shelf life this stuff has. Does it ever go
bad??? I've been using it for several years always buy a couple cans during early bow season then never think about it again till the following year.
"Measurement of life should be proportioned rather to the intensity of the experience than to it's actual length"~Thomas Hardy

Offline NDTerminator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2009, 08:16:00 AM »
The stuff is magic.  A number of years ago I went through Sniper School on a military base that had Lymne carrying ticks so bad it was the second subject of the initial briefing, after range safety.

I wore Perm treated BDU's.  We were in the field/bush for nearly the entire course and by the end I had a total of one deer tick on my clothes, and he was about done in...
"As Trad as I wanna be"

"It's all just archery, and all archery is good"

Offline Pig Sticker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2009, 11:34:00 AM »
I spray my dogs down with permethrin to keep fleas and ticks off them. When I spray it on my boots It lasts about a week and nothing bites me. When I get a tick I spray it on there again. Good stuff but oily. I had not heard that REPEL made it in a human version.

Good post.

Offline Grant Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2009, 11:37:00 AM »
Thanks for the headsup Barry. Already have some but I'm gonna hit the Wal Mart and stock up.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2009, 12:42:00 PM »
Pig sticker,

So does Culbertson (?) or whatever name it is..yellar lable. I've seen the one for dogs right next to the people ones. REpel is easier to find most places.

I douse everything with it... and it says it lasts for 2 weeks AND one machine washing!   :eek:  

I do my head coverings and all, let it line dry for a day and the smell is gone. It even has helped keep skeeters off me at Blackwater Refuge on E. Shore of MD and they're awful down there.

Not like the Thermacell, but didn't have one then. I saw ticks crawl up my pantleg...and drop off stone dead in 6" just like the can says! Amazing stuff.

I do try to heed warnings to not get on skin!   :eek:    :D
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2009, 01:23:00 PM »
They were probably on clearance at that store or that particular area.  Every year the modulars are replaced twice a year (major changes) in August and then in January/February.  Walmart doesn't put anything away....they clearance it to make room for new items.  That's what you bumped into.

Permanone is normally an item that is stocked in the camping aisle with the other repellents.  By the way, I own Walmart stock and it is doing okay given the circumstances regarding the economy. They also provided a good living for me and some other members of my family over the years.

Offline smiley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2009, 01:29:00 PM »
going to look in wis tonight  for some then take it down to Texas pig gig. thanks for the tip
Wayne A Hoffman

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2009, 01:36:00 PM »
Permanone gives me the squirts.

Barry, thanks for letting us know you guys are leaving. I'll be stealing your TV tonite..
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Lone archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2009, 01:37:00 PM »
Lasts alot longer then a few weeks too!

Offline Onions

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2009, 02:22:00 PM »
I tried to buy some today for the $1 price.
No luck! I had to pay the full price of $5.88. I left the can there, not too many ticks/chiggers here in Michigan at 0 degrees.

chris <><

Offline Larry Jim Bob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2009, 03:50:00 PM »
Biggie you are supposed to spray it on your clothes not drink it!

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2009, 10:33:00 PM »
Be cautious using it. Spray it liberally on your clothes and gear, but for some people it really causes a bad rash if applied directly on the skin. Great product, though, and a real necessity around these parts.
Sam

Offline Irish Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2009, 03:07:00 PM »
I tried to buy some last night also. The cashier said $5.88. I said, but....but....but....I just couldn't get her to say $1.00. Oh well, that's how it goes.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2009, 07:20:00 PM »
Same here, Irish. Put out the news to a bud and her ran to Wally in Central PA with a godo sporting goods dept and I hit the Wally here...all $5.88... and it was a TINY can! They still own them all!

Sawyer's had larger cans cheaper last season at my local shop...gotta see if there are any more...not a $1, or even $2...danged lucky ole Biggie!   :)
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Buckeye Trad Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2009, 11:00:00 PM »
I tired our Wal-Mart today Not $1, not even $5.88, but $6.48.  So, like doc said, they still own them all.

Online TSP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2009, 10:58:00 AM »
Wal-Mart stores are regionally controlled so what one store has for bargains another store may not, at least if not in the same area.  

Barry, would you mind spending the next few days driving around to your local Wal-Marts and buying up all the $1 Repel you can find, then selling it to the rest of us?  300-400 cans should do it.  S'ok if it takes a little longer.  No hurry.

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2009, 11:55:00 AM »
Not on sale at my local Walmart but thanks for the headsup. I'm always looking for deals like that at Wally World and they will often come through.

Offline Builder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2009, 12:11:00 PM »
You must be living right Barry, they wouldn't give me that deal here in MN.
USMC
Providing the enemies of America to die for thier countries.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©