3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: TN boar hunt  (Read 898 times)

Offline nc recurveman

• Trad Bowhunter
TN boar hunt
« on: January 03, 2007, 07:37:00 PM »
The wife and I are going on 2nd honeymoon, she want to go to dollywood of all places on the freakin planet! Anyway she has conceded to allowing me to boar hunt one day of the 6 day trip. I've talked to clarksrange and wilderness hunting lodges, need input on both please. the prices are close but wilderness was a little more user freindly about adjusting the price due to the short duration of the visit. Clarksrange is thus far unwilling to adjust the price, but I want to hunt the best outfit. Anybody hunted these places pro....con....whatever.
"You can't make chicken salad outta chicken sh.........Poo"

Offline J.W.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TN boar hunt
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 08:32:00 PM »
Alright Curveman, I can give you some input for Wilderness Hunting Lodge. I went there about four years ago, and I have nothing bad to say about these people. We went in the early spring, since it was their "off season" they really gave us a break on the price. We were all boar hunting and we all got a pig. They had plenty of pigs and other exotics. The two lodges were extremely nice, the people were all friendly and helpful, and they fed us good too. If you want to know anything else I'd be glad to help.
Life is hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.

Offline wifishkiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 08:56:00 PM »
I'd go with Clarkrange.  I hunted with them before and kens a great guys I'd go back in a second.  His pigs tend to be on the mean side and its always a fun trip where getting chased up a tree  is common  :goldtooth:

Offline ethan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 06:34:00 AM »
About what price range are their hunts in?

Offline The Singing Bowyer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 01:38:00 PM »
I enjoyed Caryonah Lodge a couple years back. 4 generations, 50 years experience, and great food.

My hunt was in the $600 range, I believe. Everything included except the meat processing, which was another $50 or so.

Very nice family.
Shoot Straight,
Chad K. Slagle

Offline Leland

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 10:13:00 PM »
I hunted Caryonah also,good time & good people.

Offline wifishkiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 10:16:00 PM »
Oh  I think my hunt was around 5 but that was a few years back.  Theres lot of places you can hunt hog for 500.  Those hogs you shoot at clackrange are russians they arnt just a feral hog thats why the hunt costs more.  Most of my feral hog hunts run 600 with gas.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©