3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: question on boots  (Read 355 times)

Offline aussiebowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
question on boots
« on: January 29, 2009, 01:00:00 AM »
has anyone tried these boots? I am after a quiet boot for stalking , suitable in hills/ridges both here in autralia and new zealand.

http://www.wolverine.com/US/Shop/SearchResults.aspx?Keywords=archer+wolverine+multishox%e2%84%a2+insulated+waterproof+boot

I hope I have asked this in the right section,please point me in right direction if wrong.  :)  

thankyou
pat ...

Offline aussiebowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: question on boots
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 02:51:00 AM »
with more searching found them here pretty reasonable price.

http://cgi.****.com/New-Wolverine-5830-ARCHER-Hunting-Boots-Mens-10-Med_W0QQitemZ120349478575QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Men_s_Shoes

i look forward to comments
thankyou
pat

Offline Stick_N_String

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 03:15:00 AM »
Pat,
I've been wearing Wolverine durashock work boots for years, 10 hours a day, standing and I love them. They are comfortable and light weight.
I also have a pair of Wolverine 8" hunting boots they are cordura with 200 grams of thinsulate insulation they area waterproof and are as comfortable as my work boots I think you'll really like them. I've put a lot miles on them this year.
Daren
"Measurement of life should be proportioned rather to the intensity of the experience than to it's actual length"~Thomas Hardy

Offline Jack Whitmire Jr

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 05:22:00 AM »
Pat I work outside on Natural gas pipelines walking up and down hills many miles a day during decent weather in the appalachain moutains . I have a big dislike for  wolverine boots . I prefer the danners which are more expensive, but if you are on your butt half of the day because you are falling down they are worth the price. Also I won't buy anything without gore-tex and air bob soles.

Jack
Tolerance is a virtue of a man without any  Morals- unknown author

Offline mcgyver

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 08:09:00 AM »
I have to give another Great recommendation for Danner. They served me well in the service. Bought my first civilian pair about three years ago, and it reminded me of why I spent so much money on them.
Comfort & Quality!
I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestioned ability of a man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor.
* Henry David Thoreau *

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 11:34:00 AM »
Danners mate are right up there. If you wanted to use 'em both in NZ and at home stay well away from Gortex. Too hot and when wet in NZ it takes a bit to dry 'em out.

Hope this helps.

ak.
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline FOXXNTROUT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 12:01:00 PM »
I prefer the Lowa Seeker. They come in black and/or brown. Very lightweight and last two season with very heavy use. I actually split the sole on my last pair and it was within the one year guarantee (keep the receipt) and they sent me a brand new pair three weeks ago. The sole split for unknown reasons and they replaced without question. They are expensive, but I was able to find a local sale for about half off retail to save me a bunch. Look online for sales. I also own a pair of winter Wolverine boots for hunting, not sure on what the name is. I will have to look when I get home.

Offline Recurve50 LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 12:05:00 PM »
Aussie,

I use the LL Bean boot for my still hunting here in NJ. It is a very quiet boot nad I find it surprizingly comfortable too.

Try checking them out ou the LL Bean web site. They cost under 100 bucks.
Larry W.

Member TANJ

NRA Life Member

56" 45#@28" Thunder Stick Mag
62" 45#@28" Turkey Creek Longbow
1966 42#@28" Bear Grizley

Offline cahaba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 02:26:00 PM »
For non insulated boots I like Bates M9. Alot of military personel wear them too.
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Offline aussiebowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 05:00:00 PM »
thanks guys,will look into the info giving.

thanks again
pat

Offline StickBowManMI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 08:32:00 PM »
I vote for Danner. I have been using a pair for 8 years now and they are still great boots and very comfortable.

Offline Paul WA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 09:25:00 PM »
I wear Danners 365 days a yr. Had a pair of wolverines that lasted 4 yrs and still didnt leak.Danners made my legs stop hurting...PR
"I'm a trophy hunter till something else comes along"

Offline LKH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 03:42:00 AM »
Have worn out three pair of the Browning Featherweight Kangaroo boots.  They have a crepe type sole which is very quiet.  They grip rock surfaces better than any other boot I've used. Cactus proof which is a big deal to me.

I have had several pairs of Danners and they have what I consider to be a designe flaw.  Its the sewn seam on the outside edge.  Rocks cut it and then your boot comes apart.  I Shoe Goo mine to prevent that.

Offline aussiebowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 10:55:00 PM »
its all so confusing....lol.....

thanks guys

pat

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©