3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: KME on the road to Kalamazoo  (Read 278 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
KME on the road to Kalamazoo
« on: January 29, 2009, 12:15:00 PM »
Well, gang, KME sharpeners is off on a long road trip as of this AM. Ron and his brother are headed to Kalamazoo for the show. Ron's doing a short presentation and they're settin up their booth to boot.

You guys attending...dang yer hides!     :)     They've got kits galore and a bunch of broadheads set up single bevel, by various mfgs that they bought blanks and did them up slick!

I'm so jealous. I was actually going to ride along since I'm jobless...but then some logistics came up to spoil the stew...so you guys get first crack at some great demos, first dibs on single bevel heads, and a chance to see the kits in action!

So if you call KME and don't get Ron, you'll know why. Try Tuesday next...they will be back Lord willin.

Prayers for safe travel for Ron and his Bro and then later for his Mom and Sister-in-law who are coming too, to help in the booth! Safe travel for all who attend in the great white north this time of year!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: KME on the road to Kalamazoo
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 01:29:00 PM »
Can't wait to see those guys!!   :thumbsup:
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Longbow rookie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 02:32:00 PM »
Cool post Doc...you're a good friend!  Tim - give Ron a slap on the back for me and tell him to "break a leg!" Ha!!  Wish I was able to get out there.....going to be a lot of knowledge shared.

I was wondering if anyone films the presentations?  Wouldn't be the same as live but would still be great to see...just a thought.

CJ

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 02:42:00 PM »
CJ,
It would be fun to see ole Ron stutterin his way through his 15 min of fame! On video no less! LOL. He's gonna kick both are butts when he reads this.   :)  

We talked briefly last night..just to check in. Never thought to ask if anyone's around answering phones and taking orders, but at least if folks DO have trouble catchin him, they know why.

Depending on weather, they might be back Monday but surely Tuesday unless something white or wet unleashes tween there and NJ.   :)  

I'm stoked to hear him say they got the jigs set for grinding single bevels on "some" of the Broad heads I'm jones'n for...but he'll be sold out when he comes back with tons of orders to boot, but at least I'm in the que.   :)
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Dave2old

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 03:10:00 PM »
I'm looking forward to sharing the stage with the Sharpster! Long flight from here, but worth it to meet both Rons, JavaMan, and other new friends, plus seeing previous acquaintances and old friends again. I just hope the weather cooperates and the place is mobbed with "our kind." dave

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 06:11:00 PM »
going tomorrow! see ya there!
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline Steel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 08:45:00 PM »
My KME sharpening kit came today and as soon as I was home from work I tested it out on 5 different broadheads. The results were hair shaveing/skin shaveing sharp! I have made it no secret I suck at broadhead sharpening but this system is so easy even I was able to get a very sharp edge. I am still learning a few tricks to the sharpener so I hope to get even better after some more pratice.

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 11:23:00 PM »
yip if your there stop at the KME booth and pic up a KME broadhead sharpener, awesome sharpener and Rons a top bloke!
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 07:22:00 PM »
And if I'm not mistaken, Andy, he's got some of your heads in single bev! :)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Online Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 05:00:00 PM »
I was able to meet and get a hands on tutorial from Ron this weekend.  I was not as far off as I thought and he showed me how to get that hair splitting edge that was eluding me   :thumbsup:

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 05:39:00 PM »
I hope to hear he "landed" soon at the home-20"

He's as good as "tutor" that I've ever "met" by phone. I wish I could have ridden along and helped out, but I'm glad to hear that Steve 0, got what he needed. Phone is good, in person has to be the cat's jammers!  :)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline kevgsp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 06:01:00 PM »
Picked up a file from Ron at the show. This is one the curved tooth auto body files.  Let me say this thing CUTS...can reprofile a 160 grizz in no time  :readit:

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 12:20:00 AM »
Thank you all very much. We're home safe and sound now. Had to listen to the Superbowl on the radio on the drive home. Not quite the same as watching, that's for sure.

I can't tell you how great it was to finally be able to meet so many of the guys and gals in person that we have talked to many times on the phone and here at TG.

And for those of you who are wondering... I spent Saturday evening reducing my talking points down to a list of bullet points so that I wouldn't need to stand up in front of the crowd and read from a script.... Well when the time came, I walked into the seminar room and there was no podium to hide my notes on.... AND THE LIGHTS WERE OUT!!!!! After all that prep, I had to just wing it... They tell me I did well but that sure was an unexpected wrench thrown in the gears at the last minute.

Thanks to all for the support. Can't tell you how helpfull it was and is. I'm proud to call all of you my friends.  :notworthy:  

Ron
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©