3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Kalamazoo expo?  (Read 2069 times)

Offline deertraks

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kalamazoo expo?
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2009, 06:26:00 PM »
Man, I would like to be there! Is anybody going to post any pics?  :help:
Dave
Phil. 2:6-11

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2009, 06:41:00 PM »
Wingnut I got a stringer, tab, arm guard, and cricket.  If people had not snapped up the right hand Kurves, lower weight ghosts and the 60" Shrew SS I really liked I am afraid I would have got a bow after sleeping on it Friday night.  But by time I got back there all the bows I liked the best in the weight I want were long gone.  That was close. I think they are selling some stuff. I am sure there will be orders.  I hope enough to make it worth coming back next year.  I had heard from someone that went a couple years ago that the show was not all that great, but I thought it was a nice show.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2009, 07:03:00 PM »
Well also just got back from the show I only thing I spent money on was a old bow made in the 1950s it was only $30 out the door...
Cody
We as archer's must keep it alive by helping others into the sport WE LOVE.

Offline jack benson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2009, 07:31:00 PM »
Smith and I got back this evening. Picked up my new Shrew Classic Hunter. Now it will be a fight between Smith and me who uses it. It made our third father/son set of Shrews.

We spent a lot of time at the MLA kids shoot area. They were busting balloons like crazy. Can't say more about the people when you see so many young ones with bow in hand. There were a lot of really nice kids bows for sale too.

Lots of people and really crowded. Highlight for me was seeing Blackie and Dannie who came from Germany. Hadn't seen them in a few years.

Makes a statement about gripes of being too far to come ;o)
Without geometry, life is pointless.

Offline Rick Butler

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2009, 07:54:00 PM »
Well I did my part to stimulate the economy.  Went down there with the intention(yeah right) of only picking up a couple dozen wood shafts, some fletching and a few other odds and ends.
Wound up with a Shrew Lil' Favorite Recurve from Ron plus the other stuff.
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2009, 07:55:00 PM »
Rick...did you order a lil favorite recurve..or id you come home with one.... those are very nice bows!
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline rabbitman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2009, 07:59:00 PM »
Good to see everyone at Kzoo. It was great to meet some folks from here for the first time.   Also caught up with many that are old friends.  Things got crowded this afternoon and it appeared the vendors...many of who are TradGang sponsors...were having lots of traffic at their booths. A good break from cabin fever due to all the recent really cold weather.

Offline Rick Butler

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2009, 08:09:00 PM »
Steve I bought it "off the rack". I took the bow over to the targets, shot 3 arrows told Doug and my son; " Man you guys gotta try this!" They both agreed this was an exceptionally sweet shooting bow. It's marked 50#@30" so I'm getting maybe 46# out of it, but that's what I'm comfortable with now.  I'll bring it next Sat.
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Bakes168

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2009, 09:06:00 PM »
We went today and I had a blast! Very happy I went, got to meet Fred Asbell and he signed my Instictive Shooting book. Only things I bought were a raffle ticket from Benefit for Kids and One With The Wilderness, which Mike signed.  :D

I also met Arwin, and Tim Fishell and I talked for the first time in a while. It was cool seeing all those people that I had heard/read about and seen in movies.
I'm looking forward to next year!

Zack
"A hunt based only on trophies taken falls short of what the ultimate goal should be...time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and fish that live there"
-Fred Bear

James 2:19-20

USMC Infantry

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2009, 09:22:00 PM »

I really like Kzoo and the chance to see so many like minded folks.

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2009, 09:22:00 PM »
I was there today, had a great time. Picked up a spare Shrew string, a new glove, some odds-N-ends AND a new Northern Mist Baraga.

Steve's bows are SOOOO hard to say no to! The quality and the price...whats a guy to do!

Got to visit with some old friends, thats what I enjoy the most I think.

Eric

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2009, 09:27:00 PM »
Take lots of pics for us in diffeent time zones!
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2009, 10:00:00 PM »
I just got home from day number 2 down there.  Great times that is for sure.  Glad I got to catch up with Zach (Bakes) and I finally got to meet out very own Whip.  Man is he a great guy or what.  It was a great time as always.  Man I cant wait for Comptons now so I can see everybody again!!   :thumbsup:
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline bmgarto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2009, 10:31:00 PM »
Wow! What a show. I shot long bows non stop for a day and a half. I think I shot all bows known to man. I ordered a custom Navajo Apache from Roy Hall. I think I found the MAGIC bow we are all looking for.

Offline doug g

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2009, 10:45:00 PM »
Great Show, 4runner, Roman showed me your bow SWEET!, Vermonster13 I meet Bill at Zipper Bows Great guy. Meet Whip, spoke with Mr. Asbell and attended his seminar. Had the pleasure of watching Rick get all weak knee'd and break down and buy a new Shrew, sure shot sweet. Dropped some money and had a great time. I'll be back next year!!
TGMM

Online mparks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2009, 11:15:00 PM »
Had a great time at the expo!  I shot lots of great bows but the Zippers really seemed to click for me so I picked this one up.:

Offline Koko Bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2009, 11:37:00 PM »
Talked with Bill Forman and just may order a Swift.  He did not have one there for my specs but what a sweet shooting bow.  And the grip...very nice!
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! ~ Psalm 17

Dryad Epic

Offline Whitetail Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2009, 01:51:00 AM »
Someone please shoot the Zipper SXT, and let me know what you think.

I am about an inch away from ordering one.

Bret
50# MAX Widow
54# Sapphire Hawk
53# Schafer Silvertip TD
45# Hill Country Bobcat

Offline LBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2009, 06:48:00 AM »
I got home from KZ last night. Had a great time, a lot of meet and great with other tradgangers. Helped out Roy Hall for short time, a great man and some beautiful bows ( I have one). Talked to Tracey and Bill at Zipper bows ,just may be my next bow!!!!! Juat a wonderful time and a good mid-winter break. Thanks to all that made it possible.  Mike
Life is tough,it's even tougher if you are stupid. SEMPER FI (63-67)

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2009, 07:01:00 AM »
Bret, I shot it and ordered one! I kid you not, just dead in the hand, quick, and quiet! The smaller riser and grip area fit me even better then the Standard riser. It seemed a new dimension in shooting Zipper bows. I went there to have a set of longbow limbs made for my standard risers and bought/ ordered the SXT instead. Bill is even grinding laminations from a stave I brought for my bow. On another note, Jim Belcher had his bowfishing bow there. I shot it and am at the top of the list for his final product. He's still looking at changing the riser some to drop the cost. That bow will be on his website in a couple of weeks.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©