3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Kalamazoo expo?  (Read 2067 times)

Offline doctari

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kalamazoo expo?
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2009, 07:30:00 AM »
I went yesterday and had a good time also. Picked up two dozen hickory shafts and a dozen ash. I bought Mike Mittens new book and I am up to chapter four, good book. Also bought a wool pullover from Teresa Asbell, wore it home and all afternoon, I really like this. Also picked up a new long sleeve tee from Robin at Traditional Bowhunter Magazine. Checked out the Shrew bows also. Wife's rule was "no more Bows" I have eight already. I need some broadheads and will have to wait until the Compton in June. Whoever has ordered a book from Mike, you are in for some good reading. Mark
"So long as the new moon returns in heavan a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold the hearts of men."   Maurice Thompson The Witchery of Archery

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2009, 08:44:00 AM »
I went on Friday. Unfortunately, my time was cut pretty short due to a very cute 3 year old girl at home throwing up all over a very cute, but also sick mommy. LOL

I went with the intention of getting an ASAT Apache Pyramid blind and a BW tab, and I did just that.

I will also be ordering a Grey Wolf Woolens radar hat in wool very soon.

It was nice to finally meet Nic from Steelforce, after having talked to him on the phone several times.
The new double bevel 145gr, 3:1 titanium head he has looks like the bomb. Same with the 190gr 2 blade Phat Head.

Offline Michigan Man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2009, 09:25:00 AM »
I shot and really liked a Hill Country bow. Any body else shoot one?

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2009, 10:27:00 AM »
There were lots of guys shooting bows, it looked like a pretty good crowd. I helped Ron in his booth all day, we fed on pickled buffalo tounge and buffalo sausage. It was a good day!

Gregg Coffey picked up David Peterson from the airport. I didn't have time to sit in on his seminar, but he hung out at the Shrew booth quite a bit.....and picked up his new bow. He seems like a darned good guy.

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2009, 10:45:00 AM »
Roger...where you there on friday? I was hoping to get a chance to meet you.

You guys bring your new toys to the bunny hunt and we'll see you next saturday !
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline Bmac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2009, 11:15:00 AM »
I was there Friday night and picked up Mike's book and the Primal Dreams dvd.  Both are excellent!  I'm about halfway through the book and the dvd has been playing non stop.  

I also met Tim Fishell and picked up a set of wool bibs I bought from him off the Classifieds.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2009, 11:18:00 AM »
Steve - No, I was just there on Saturday. Ron needed an extra hand in the booth. Speaking of the rabbit hunt, I spoke with Steve Osminski, he and I will both be there.

Online mparks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2009, 11:21:00 AM »
Originally posted by Michigan Man:
I shot and really liked a Hill Country bow. Any body else shoot one?
I shot a reverse handled take-down(similar to Habu ViperKhan) called the "Wildcat".  Great shooting bow!  It was on my short list for most of the day.   :archer:

Offline smiley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2009, 12:14:00 PM »
How is Whip doing there.I bought a RER bow from him and he got it there and I had to work this weekend  :banghead:
Wayne A Hoffman

Offline JUST-DOO-IT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2009, 12:49:00 PM »
We were there Saturday ... great show!!

Had a chance to shoot a few Shrews ... I can see one (maybe 2) in my future!!

Had a nice chat with Bob Morrison and Dave Stinson ... great guys.

I'll be back next year even though it's a 6 hour drive.

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2009, 01:12:00 PM »
smiley, I think he sold your bow a couple of times, but had to tell them that particular one was already taken. You called him just in time!

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2009, 01:45:00 PM »
Spent Friday night and Saturday at show. Great event as always. Good to see old friends. Whip was mighty busy with little room for standing in his booth most of the time. Did my part to support the venders and had a great time.
hunt it

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2009, 01:51:00 PM »
Roger... sounds good..we'll see you guys there!

So who else went home from the expo with a new bow..... I know one of my buds got a new 3 pc RER, and another a 3 pc hill country bow.... I felt like a woman in a shoe store...didnt know what to grab next...lol...
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2009, 04:36:00 PM »
Yup I spent a lot of time at Whip's booth!!  It was a great time and I spent most of my money at his booth.  Got a new Bailey's fedora hat and a new RER LX.  Man is that bow a shooter.
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2009, 05:59:00 PM »
I wanted a chance to talk to Whip as he and I have had some competition during the St. Jude's auction. His picture does not do him justice. He is a big man! I will quietly alter my auction strategy this year  :biglaugh:
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline JT- Up North

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2009, 06:08:00 PM »
I had a great time this year. Had a good crowd in my opinion. I walked away with a lefty Pittsley Predator. Been reading alot of good things about them. I guess I didnt win the Shrew at the B4K booth, never got a phone call   :)

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2009, 08:52:00 AM »
Thanks everyone, for comeing by to chat and shoot our bows.Tracy and I enjoyed visiting with you all.
Bill

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2009, 09:46:00 AM »
Somebody please post some more pics !

What about the wool dealers ? Was GWW, SI, and KOM there ? Sure would love to make this show one day.

nocams  :help:
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Offline flint kemper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2009, 09:47:00 AM »
I went to order my David Miller String follow bow and once I made the final choices on it. I went on to shoot several other bows. The quietest that I heard was the Roman Hershberger reverse handle takedown, I did not shoot it but watched and listened as several guys did. The best 2 bows I shot where a 56inch Shrew with foam cores and a SXT Zipper with foam cores. Both bows dead in the hand, and quick. If I wanted a takedown longbow with the bigger riser like a recurve I would buy a Zipper. The craftsmanship was excellent and Bill was a pleasure to talk to. Had fun all 3 days. and the turnout of vendors and crowds were excellent. Flint

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2009, 10:01:00 AM »

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©