3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Kalamazoo expo?  (Read 2066 times)

Offline Drew

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kalamazoo expo?
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2009, 11:03:00 AM »
Went friday night...had a blast, wish I knew some of you were coming!

Bill from Zipper was awesome, and I loved the SXT I shot..on my list of next bows!

Got to meet Whip and thank him for the help with ordering a pack...not to mention he talked me into shooting a RER...thank GOODNESS Tim bought it!! As I still get to shoot it, but didn't have to spend the money. Whip forgot to give me his "first" customer present...I'll have to send him my address again.   ;)  

I got Mike Mitten's book, I think I was the first at the booth..great book!   :notworthy:  

I made sure Kenny's bow had all sorts of fingerprints and what not on it..always enjoy talking to Roman too, one of the guys that went with us bought one of his bows.

I couldn't get near Denny or Darryl, but I was talked into shooting a 'Widow.   :eek:  

Got to spend some time with friends, and meet some new ones too.

Now the best part...

Sorry not many more pics Vance, I was too busy talking and shooting bows!!!!!

Now how come that dang ole Elkheart didn't get there on time??
Just a Coyote Soul out wandering...

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2009, 11:12:00 AM »
I throughly enjoyed seeing some old friends at k/ZOO....along with making some new ones!
2004 IBO World Champion

Offline Java Man

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2009, 12:16:00 PM »
Drew,

Dave spent way more hours than planned in Denver, waiting for a maintenance issue to be resolved.  He was supposed to get into K'zoo at 9pm Friday, and ended up at Grand Rapids at 10:30pm.  I got the honor of picking him up in GR Sat morning.  

Gregg
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2009, 06:47:00 PM »
Yes, Grey Wolf Wool was there.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2009, 07:14:00 PM »
NoCams, yes, I had Gray Wolf in my booth.  Sorry you couldn't make it - maybe Compton's?

This was my first attempt at being a vendor at any kind of show and I was overwhelmed by the support.  Sure was great to meet in person so many of the guys I consider friends from around here.  

Mrs. Whip (Irene) helped in the booth all weekend, and I couldn't have done it without her as well.  We both had a really good time and talked all the way home about plans for future events.  What a blast!!!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Nate Fikkert

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2009, 07:40:00 PM »
Joe, glad to hear it went well for you overall.  Sunday sure was a nice day to drive home!

I was glad to get back to the event after not going since 2003.  Good to see it is still going strong.

Nathan

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2009, 09:38:00 PM »
Joe, it was great to meet you in person....even though you took all my money!!    :archer:
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2009, 10:09:00 PM »
But Tim, you're going to be blowing the socks off everyone you shoot with and you'll be looking good doing it!  :thumbsup:   Now that, as they say, is priceless!  ;)    :D
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2009, 03:10:00 AM »
Flint,

That 56" foam core Shrew Classic Hunter is my bow. It is a great shooter -- the best of my 6 Shrews. I'm glad you liked it. I can hardly wait to get it back from Gregg. About the only things that I can think would improve that bow are the addition of carbon backing and a Bow Bolt, both of which I have ordered in my next Classic Hunter. Gregg builds amazing bows.

I wish I could have been at the Expo, but there is always next year I guess. It sounds like it is a big candy store with lots of big kids. We all know the difference between men and boys!    ;)

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2009, 07:21:00 AM »
You are right there Joe.  I can't seem to put this bow down.  I have been in the basement shooting ever spare minute since I got home with it.  Thanks again buddy!!    :thumbsup:

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Dave2old

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2009, 11:31:00 AM »
My only complaint is that it didn't last long enough,and that I missed Friday evening which was, I hear, really great. Picked up my long-awaited second Shrew, a take-down Classic Hunter with snakeskin and tip and riser trim of elk antler from one of my own bulls. Got to meet the amazing Java Man and legendary Ron, and too many other wonderful folks to list, including plenty of TradGangers. Was really surprised to see that Denny Sturgis is a shy fellow! At least in big groups like that. A couple of the most miserably flying days of my life, coming and going, lost luggage, long delays, etc. Yet I'd do it all again and this time come a day early so's not to miss a second. Those Brumms sure put on a good show! With the sad demise of the TBM Expo West we have nothing like this in the West. I've always considered, from what I hear, the Big Three to be K-zoo, Comptons and PBS. Those other two now are on my list. As you meet great new folks that you tend to run into at various events year after year, it gets addicting even to a basic loner like me. A+ in my books. Dave

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2009, 11:43:00 AM »
Dave, Glad to hear you had a good trip.  I was bummed I didnt get a chance to meet you in person.  Hopefully I will at Comptons if you make it out!!   :thumbsup:

TGMM Family of the Bow

Online huckbuck

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2009, 12:36:00 PM »
Dave, can you post some pics of the new Shrew
when you get a chance? I've got one on order
and was thinking getting 'skins on mine. Hope
to see ya at Compton's also.

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2009, 02:43:00 PM »
I had a great time in the Sitka booth, and I certainly appreciate all of the interest in my new book “One with the Wilderness”. I got to meet Dave2old again. He is a very fun guy to be around. At these events, he’s like a young dog that has been just released from his kennel…he’s great around lots of people. Ha!  Thanks to everyone for putting on a super expo. Mike

Offline Dave2old

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2009, 10:18:00 PM »
Huckbuck -- Well thanks for the op to brag on my new Shrew with pics. Got some and will post tomorrow. Listening to ZZ Top just now, wife is rocking out and it's distracting!   :eek:  Dave

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2009, 11:10:00 PM »
All that in a 600 sq. ft. cabin, eh, Dave?!?

:goldtooth:
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline Dave2old

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2009, 01:34:00 PM »
Here are a few detail pics of my new Classic Hunter from Kzoo. Handle riser minus leather wrap to show wood detail ... antler tips and riser trim are from a bull elk I killed a few years ago. Rattler hide. Whoopee!

Online huckbuck

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2009, 02:11:00 PM »
Dang Dave, that's a little barbaric don't you think?    :biglaugh:    I love it!

Offline Dave2old

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2009, 03:15:00 PM »
Yes, I confess to a bit of bow barbarism!

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2009, 04:26:00 PM »
Dave,

That Classic Hunter is a real beauty. You will be glad you got the Bow Bolt. I like the elk antler and skins. You have a bow to be really proud of! Hope you enjoy it tremendously. Maybe with that good mojo from your previous elk hunting success, you will be able to get another one with your new bow. Hope so.

Take care,
Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©