3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: which one?  (Read 390 times)

Offline Groundpounder

• Trad Bowhunter
which one?
« on: February 01, 2009, 09:22:00 PM »
Hey tradgangers ,heres my question got a little cash coming back from the goverment but in these tough economic times i wanna be careful spending it .I really ,really want to get away from my high country compound as faithful as its been over the last 8 years and turn to a more traditional approach to bow hunting.for a guy just starting out with hunting pa whitetail in mind, what would be a low cost but effective bow ,what would get me a good start and give me the most bang for the buck? and as always thanks in advance for all advice

Offline Groundpounder

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: which one?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 09:25:00 PM »
ps. I did some research and the ber montana longbow so far seemed the best for the money , but im not sure how trad i wanna go the bear bow has fiberglass backing, some of the other bows that pse and martin make seem to be made of just wood and very trad, but how reliable are they ?

Offline PrarrieDog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 09:58:00 PM »
I think the Bear Montana is a good value for the money.
You might also consider a used bow from the Tradgang classifieds. You could get an upscale bow for a similar aamount.
Whatever you decide, Just don't overbow yourself on your first bow.
Prarrie Dog

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 10:21:00 PM »
Cruise the classifieds here. For new, the Quinns, Maddogs, Holmes, Jk Traditions, and some others offer excellent bows for low prices.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 10:29:00 PM »
Have to agree with Vermonster, the Bear is over priced and not all that great of a performer. You can find an exc. used bow for half the price and get started. When something else comes along re sell it and not lose much if any. You can buy a like new JK Tradition Kanati LB for around $325 and have twice the bow as the montana. Shawn
Shawn

Offline AdamH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 11:25:00 PM »
MOHAWK bows,, Vince will take care of ya, top woods, boo cores for about $100.00 more, worth much more than that ...

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 11:30:00 PM »
Shame it isn't about 10# lighter, but HatchChaser has a Dryad Oracle listed at an absolute steal in the classifieds...Mike

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 11:57:00 PM »
Take a look at Blackcreek Bows and Thunder Stick Archery as well as all the others listed above. Lots of great bows out there for a good price.

The classifieds is definitely worth looking into as well.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©