3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tejon Ranch  (Read 1422 times)

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tejon Ranch
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2009, 05:54:00 PM »
Oh man that totally   :mad:  
Sorry that happened to you
Ishi was a Californian                   :cool:

Offline DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2009, 06:38:00 PM »
Dave, I'll give ya a call.......
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-1998

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2009, 06:46:00 PM »
I just got done going through my garage looking for stuff missing.

They got 2 of my bows, a Black Widow take down recurve and an axis take town recurve.

I think I'm going to be sick     "[dntthnk]"

Mark you can't call me, they got my cell phone

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2009, 06:57:00 PM »
Anything special on the bows ill keep an eye out they may not know how personal these things are as far as specs and markings?

Ya know how dumb these guys are, I had a guy steel the radio system out of my car and try to sell it to my room mate the next day.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline Chris C.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2009, 07:34:00 PM »
Kingwouldbe,
Really sorry to hear about your things being stolen.  It's certainly a terrible experience especially after your return from a great hunt.  Make certain to file a "fraud alert" with the credit companies ASAP.
Best of luck.
Take care,
Chris

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2009, 07:42:00 PM »
Rick, that's a good idea, they will probably try and get cash for them right away.

Here are a few pic's of them.

Axis bow made in Hawaii by Dave Weaver, all native Hawaii woods.

older Black Widow I refinished the riser, I killed a ton of game with this Bow was going to my grand kids.

I think all thefts should loose a finger the first time they still, then the whole hand!!!! it would be easy to see who the thefts are.

Online redant 60/65

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2009, 07:44:00 PM »
Dave
Glad to hear you had a great hunt, really sorry about your packback and bows stolen. About 5 years ago I had two of my bows and all of my hunting stuff stolen, belive me I know your pain.   :mad:
Larry

Offline curlis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2009, 02:54:00 AM »
David,
What a raw deal! Thanks so much for putting a great gathering together. It stinks that such a bad thing has happened to such a good guy. I will be looking forward to next years hunt. Maybe this can become a bigger and better hunt for years to come.
Pick a spot and concentrate!

Offline Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2009, 09:34:00 AM »
Glad to hear you had a great hunt. That really sucks that you got robbed, it is just the worst feeling knowing some loser has your stuff and is seliing it for practically nothing so they can get drugs most likely.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2009, 10:10:00 AM »
Man that pisses me off, sorry to hear about that King!    :mad:   geez! ill keep an eye out if the bows ever appear

glad you guys had a good hunt.
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2009, 11:25:00 AM »
I am sorry this has turned toward me getting ripped off, I thank all of you for your support and your offers for a bow to shoot.

They didn't get all of them, thank God, so I'm still good to go.

Curils, right on, I'm thinking the same thing, we just need to figure out a way to make it longer, it was way to short.

I had a bunch of pic's I took to put together to show everyone the country and Terran, I had pic's of hogs, bobcat & deer.

This place is unbelievable, we did have a little trouble finding a good spot to hunt, Vance and I went to a vary steep and open mountain so we could glass lots of hogs to pic out a pot winner.

The problem was this mountain was way to steep and way to open, it kicked my butt, our strategery was not to just shoot any hog, as we get several every year, would we of liked to score, yes we would, but it wouldn't kill us if we didn't, so we looked for the monsters there, they weigh every hog that comes off this ranch, they have 400lb'ers.

A 350-400lb'er is like shooting a 30" muley, maybe tougher

I glassed up a herd at about 4pm a quarter mile away on the side of this God forsaken mountain, about 1500 feet up.

There was several hogs in this sounder with one big fat sow pushing 250-300lb she was twice as big as the others.

We have a code "he who spots it, stocks it" I told Vance if he wanted to go after them, go head, he thinks I gave it to him because I didn't want to go up the mountain,    :saywhat:   I would stay put & watch them to see if they move off and let him know, I lit a cigar and glasses for more hogs, nothing came out until the last few minuets of light.

Long story short, they move farther up the mountain, Vance is playing cat and mouse with them for a wile before he gets close enough for a shot.

Vance set up where he thought they would come out next, the big sow was leading the herd, as she came out of the brush first she caught him out of the corner of her eye, but he was below her and to her left as she feed out into the open, she kept looking over at him as she came out, but could only see his head and bow.

Vance let her keep coming out, but he knew she was strung a little tight, so, he let her head go behind a big rock as she feed out into the open.

She was going from right to left @ 15 yards, as her eyes went behind the rock he came to full draw, then her ears went behind the rock and Vance was burning a spot right in the good spot, at the shot she moved forward and the arrow caught her mid-gut   :banghead:   we went down every trail looking for any sign, nothing, nota, bummer. she will feed the coyotes and other scavengers.

It happens some times even though we do everything we can not to make a bad hit.

Offline DELTA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2009, 11:40:00 AM »
Hey Dave if you need anything or help call me.I will try to help you any way I can.That sucks!
JIM BELLEVILLE

Offline DELTA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2009, 11:46:00 AM »
Dave,will your home or rentals insurance pay for your gear?
JIM BELLEVILLE

Offline curlis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2009, 08:03:00 PM »
I have some pics of the ranch that I'll try to put up. Sounds like my story is alot like Vance's. It was amazing to see all the different wildlife on that ranch!

Offline curlis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2009, 10:39:00 PM »
This is John Skikas.

Offline curlis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2009, 10:42:00 PM »
A look from up high. This wasn't even on the highest side.

Offline curlis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2009, 10:45:00 PM »
If you look under the trees you'll see beds.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2009, 10:50:00 PM »
Holy cow! What an awesome place Bill!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline curlis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2009, 10:52:00 PM »
You better start saving for next year my friend.

Offline DELTA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2009, 09:16:00 AM »
Curlis great photos.Sorry about your hog,it sounded like it was a nice boar.To bad we didnt have more time,so more of us could have helped you look for it.
JIM BELLEVILLE

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©