3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Lunar calendar  (Read 900 times)

Offline String Tracker

• Trad Bowhunter
Lunar calendar
« on: January 03, 2007, 07:54:00 PM »
I got one of those lunar calendar this year from my parents.  at the top it has scale of all the days for each month and the "value" of the best days of the month.  on each day it has both the Overhead moon period and the underfoot moon period listed along with solar time for "best activity"

is this good/bad/just plain junk what?

thanks

ST

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lunar calendar
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 08:27:00 PM »
I have a watch that shows the phase and position of the moon and shows 1 to 4 symbols to predict game movement, with 4 being the most active period. Whenever I see a bunch of deer out and about, there are always 3 or 4 symbols displayed. I would say there is something to it. Hap

Offline Woodduck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 10:16:00 PM »
good relationship from my observations for deer, here in NC. I watched it a lot from Sept. to Jan. 1st.
Happy trails....   ('till we meet again, Dale Evans Rogers)
>>>--a kindred spirit--->     (got that from Fred Anderson)

North Carolina Bowhunters Association

Offline mqqse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 10:23:00 PM »
I noticed a very bright moon last night....what did they say about today's hunting?  For what it's worth, I saw a 10 pt after being in my stand for 5 minutes this morning, followed by 6 more deer by 8am.  Sorry, no pics or success story    :banghead:

Offline String Tracker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 05:24:00 AM »
yeah yesterdays hig activity was suppose to be around noon but the value was up around 70% and today is tad lower

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 11:32:00 AM »
With the lunar table there are primary and secondary activity times. When the moon is either dirrectly overhead or dirrectly underneith(I believe it is called "moon south") it is the primary activity time. When the moon is at either horrizon it is the secondary activity time. Supposidily there are a couple of hours around each period that has the most activity. I have not studied this very well but I do try to consider it. The moon phase has something to do with it also.
   Deer are gonna eat and rest a few times every day no matter what the callenders say. I believe  these activity times give us something to work with instead of going out willy-nilly. However I go hunting when I can; no matter what the moon is doing or where it is.   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline DarkeGreen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 12:41:00 PM »
My opinion is when the primary happens with sunrise or set you should pay attention. I think there are so many other factors that play that other times are hit and miss. Could be I haven't put in enough time to learn the subject as well as I should. If I did I might be able to take advantave of the other times too.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©