3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Fur Brush Buttons?  (Read 271 times)

Offline Keuka

• Trad Bowhunter
Fur Brush Buttons?
« on: February 02, 2009, 07:33:00 PM »
I use to use rubber brush deflectors to keep brush from wedging between my limb and string. This can be a real pain if your a ground hunter.

I stopped using the buttons because when the temperature dips below freezing, the rubber hardens. These hard rubber deflectors slam against the limb when I shoot. My bow made so much noise that a deer would have to be stone deaf not to hear it.

Have any of you other north country hunters tried tying in fur string silencers so they fill in the wedge between the string and limb? Seems like it might deflect brush and help silence string slap.

Offline VA Bowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Fur Brush Buttons?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 06:54:00 AM »
I never heard of that problem before.  Why don't you just put some mole skin on the limbs behind the buttons as a dampener?
Bows, Broadheads & Backstraps

Offline Keuka

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 06:43:00 PM »
I tried that but it still seems twice as load when it gets down in the mid 20 degree level. The rubber gets as hard as marbles. Most likely not a problem in warmer areas.

Offline Buckeye Trad Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 07:34:00 PM »
I stopped using brush buttons for exactly the same reason.  I thought they made noise all the time, not just when they were cold.  I also tried the moleskin to quiet them.  Kept the moleskin and got rid of the brush buttons.  I hunt from the ground almost exclusivly as well and have just decided that I'll just put up with the weeds and brush because I think each bow has a "sweet spot" for the string silencers where they are the most effective.  I don't think that the fur type silencers would be very effective at keeping the brush out of your string any way.  This is all just my oppinion though and it could all be my imagination.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©