3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Holm-made traditional bows  (Read 506 times)

Offline rklimber

• Trad Bowhunter
Holm-made traditional bows
« on: February 03, 2009, 11:39:00 AM »
Got my osprey in the mail from holm-made traditional bows last week(59#@28 60")  :bigsmyl:  . Exceptional looking bow with solid shooting characteristics. The bamboo cores with heavy riser wood give it a nice stable feel. What stood out the most was the smoothness of the draw with no stacking. Customer service was also outstanding. After test driving a bow ,I ordered one to the specs I was looking for. Chad tweaked the grip to fit my needs and emailed inprogress pictures to insure we were on the same page. Waiting time was a bonus, test driving,comunicating back and forth, building bow and receiving was about 4 1/2 weeks! If your considering one of Chad's bows, you might want to order before he gets to backed up.
Looking forward to stumping with it (been stuck shooting indoors)  :banghead:  but too much snow for now.
Sorry about not posting pictures, but the recent photobucket virus thread scared me off!
happy hunting,rklimber

Offline newtotrad

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Holm-made traditional bows
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 12:35:00 PM »
Chad's bows are great.  I got one back in late December. Still need to post some pics.  Figured Cherry veneers with Bacote riser = pure beauty.

Offline rklimber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 02:09:00 PM »
I've had bows with bocote risers, it is a beautiful wood, havn't seen one with cherry veneers, sounds like a great combo!
Forgot to mention, the riser  on mine is bolivian rosewood (very dark wood)with bamboo limbs.

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 02:15:00 PM »
That just ain't right. No pics!  :mad:
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline AdamH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 05:27:00 PM »
Real Good man that Chad, we talked a few, Really seems like he'll go way out of his way to make a fella happy !!

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 06:45:00 PM »
I have said it before, and I will say it again, Chad's bows are some of the best bargains available in new custom bows. They look great, shoot about as fast as any trad bow on the market, draw and shoot smoothly, and feel light and stable in your hand. They are very efficient, accurate bows. When Chad has been building his bows for another year or two, his prices will be much higher and the delivery times will be much longer. Now is definitely the time to order one. I sure like mine. There are other bows I like as well or even a little better, but all those cost almost double to triple what Chad's bows do. I sure haven't tried all the bows on the market today, and there may very well be several that compete with Chad's bows in every respect, but if they exist, they are undervalued too!

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Frenchymanny

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 06:52:00 PM »
Originally posted by leatherneck:
That just ain't right. No pics!   :mad:  
I second that!

F-Manny
Coureur des Bois
Big Jim: Buffalo Bows 62" 60@27 & 65@27 ThunderChilds 56" 62@27 & 62@27 Desert BigHorn 59@27
ML, Shrew &TC Knives
With a sturdy bow, a true shaft, and a stout heart, we journey forth in
search of adventure.

Dr. Saxton Pope

Online doubleo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 09:56:00 PM »
Ordered an Osprey from Chad last week. 59",48#. Lefty,Bocote with Babinga flare riser and overlays. I also ordered the Curly Cherry veneer limbs. Chad said it would take 3-6 weeks.
Wisconsin Traditional Archers Member

Offline Holm-Made

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 10:14:00 PM »
Thanks guys for the kind words.  Haven't been on here much, too busy breathing shop dust.  Here's a couple of pictures of your bows I built.  Poor quality pictures but you get the idea.  Chad

Dale's riser and tips

Craig's curly cherry veneers

Offline Ian johnson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 10:18:00 PM »
I want an osprey longbow, they look like great shooters, great looking longbow!, really like the riser overlays
ARTAC member
53@29 sheepeater shaman recurve
52@29 66 bear grizzly
51@29 dryad orion td longbow

Offline Holm-Made

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 10:23:00 PM »
Since I have the photo bucket up here is a "show off" picture of a couple bows I built for a father and son combination last Fall.  Chad

Offline mmgrode

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 10:34:00 PM »
Beautiful bows Chad!!
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."  Aristotle

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2009, 10:50:00 AM »
Nice, real nice!
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©