3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Just shipped one....Now the wait starts  (Read 313 times)

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Just shipped one....Now the wait starts
« on: February 03, 2009, 04:36:00 PM »
Well just shipped off my (was mine   :knothead:   )A&H Adcock 64" 50# @ 28" 14" Cocobolo riser to a new home. New owner is going to love it, it is a beautiful bow. It has taken a couple of hogs so it is no stranger to making meat.

Today starts the 10 week wait for my new one, a A&H Adcock, 64" 48# @ 28" limbs on a 16" RC Bubinga riser    :clapper:    . This will make a 66" bow at 53 to 52# at my 30" draw. Going to be a long 10 weeks, o well i have a 2 week vacation, a hog hunt at Tejon Ranch and two 3D shoots between now and then to keep my mind off of the wait.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Just shipped one....Now the wait starts
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 04:40:00 PM »
I can relate.....I've only got 11 months wait left on my Snakebit, with two sets of limbs.

:banghead:    :campfire:  

Winterhawk1960
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Offline DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 05:05:00 PM »
Hey Pops, what 3D shoots are coming up? I know you heard about Chamberlin Ranch. Would love to get out that way and shoot. I'll talk King into coming along with Redant60/65.

Mark
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-1998

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 05:13:00 PM »
I can also relate. Ordered my second Blacktail last September and should get it this September/October.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 05:14:00 PM »
y'all know that bow is coming my way don't you!! Can't wait to get my paws on it then I'll shoot some updates!!

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 07:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by DesertDude:
Hey Pops, what 3D shoots are coming up? I know you heard about Chamberlin Ranch. Would love to get out that way and shoot. I'll talk King into coming along with Redant60/65.

Mark
Bowhunters Unlimited  www.bhuarchers.org  in Saratoga (San Jose) has a trad only shoot on 4/18, very nice range and good bunch of people. This club has about 8 to 9 shoots a year, 2 to 3 devoted to trad.

San Francisco Archers  www.sfarchers.com  has their trad only shoot on 4/19. Their range is in Pacifica, Ca and is one of the most beautiful ranges you will shoot at. This is the home of the 1,000,000 BC shoot

The ranges are about 35 to 40 miles apart, i will take my 5th wheel up and stay the weekend and shoot both shoots.

Most of the time I only make one of these because of Chamberlin, its hard to spend 4 days there then 3 days the next weekend up at these two but with Chamberlin out this year i will make both of these.

I will usely make 2 to 3 shoots a year at both of these clubs.

One good thing about where i live im 2.5 to 3 hours from about any shoot in the state from Petaluma to LA
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline Yellow Dog

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 03:56:00 PM »
wtpops,

If you've never shot the 16" RC it's going to be a little different than your ST riser. I picked one up about three weeks ago and I was about ready to give up on it. No matter what brace height I shot it at I whacked my arm with the string. Tip***you have to grip this thing pretty tight, found there's finger grips on this thing for a reason. I'm used to shooting my 14" ST with a loose grip, like I shoot my recurve's. Once I figured out I had to hang on to this thing hard it's a sweet shooter. Took it to the "Michigan Bunnie Stomp" this past weekend and everyone that shot it loved it. I told everyone that tried it that you have to grip it hard, heal down, like a longbow. It's a great shooting riser but as one of the guy's that was busting nocks with it said, "you have to hang on to this thing and tell it where to go". He was probably on the phone with A&H ordering one today. Good luck with it, you'll love it.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©