3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anybody own any Columbia Wool, Snow camo??????  (Read 299 times)

Offline DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
Anybody own any Columbia Wool, Snow camo??????
« on: February 03, 2009, 06:13:00 PM »
Does anybody own any of this? I have the green/brown camo. Looking at this as looks like it would break up your outline better. Any pic's of it would be great also. The ones online are lacking........

thank you   Mark
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-1998

Offline DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anybody own any Columbia Wool, Snow camo??????
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 09:43:00 AM »
Anybody?
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-1998

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 09:46:00 AM »
I have the coat and the pants. would like to get the vest.

It is warm as long as you have a good base layer. Its not a high quality tight weave like KOM or sleeping indian so the wind blows right through it.

It has been very durable though. I have wore the pants a lot.

Any other questions about it?
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline kadbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 10:56:00 AM »
From what I remember seeing it in the stores it is pretty light colored.   I think it would break up your outline better than their other camos but it may be too white/bright for non snow use.
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Grand Mesa Bowmen
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 11:25:00 AM »
I have used mine in non snow conditions with out to much trouble. I hunt in a lot of rocky country though. plus mine in not as bright as it used to be lol.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline kevsuperg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 12:20:00 PM »
i love mine. i have the brown on brown camo shirt jac and pants. U/A knock off for a base layer and i stay fairly comfortable
USAF Medic 1982-1992
Life member BHA.
RMEF, PBS, Compton, idaho trad bow hunters

Offline DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 12:51:00 PM »
Ferret, do you have both colors?  green and snow? I  have owened the green and loved it. saw the snow and thought it would break up your outline better.  I have heard that the "white is more of a gray, is that true?

Mark
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-1998

Offline Jack Skinner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 01:58:00 PM »
I have the snow as well as green. Used it a year ago in SD for whitetails when it snowed on our hunt. Had a nice 4x4 buck walk right by me at 12yds after I grunted and bleeted, he never saw me. Had doe tags though my usual luck.

I like mine same as Ferret it works well here in WY in the broken conifer/sage and rock country.

Offline McGeeM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 02:49:00 PM »
I have the pants and use it during the late fall and winter. I think it works well on those gray days in the late fall with no snow on the ground.

Where can you get a Columbia wool vest? I'd love to have one of those in the brown camo pattern, but can't find them.

Offline DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 03:22:00 PM »
Jack or Ferret, can you take a pic of the snow camo for me please? Does the light part look more gray than white?
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-1998

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 03:30:00 PM »
One of my friends uses it on late winter hunts.  For camouflage and concealment, it works as well as my KOM Blowdown in winter conditions.  However, as mentioned above, the weave is loose and it will not block the wind without a good wind blocker underneath.  If you hunt where there are weeds and what not, I wouldn’t recommend them.  My friend shot an elk and after dragging it a hundred and fifty yards out of the brush, he had ten times as many stickers and burrs in the Columbia clothing as I did in my KOM.  Also, the burrs were five times harder to remove from his clothing then mine.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 04:32:00 PM »
I will get you a pic tonight. It is really pretty white when you get it. I do not have the green but I have a brown on brown shirt. I would say that it is way to dark for what I do. The green does look nice though. I think that the snow camo does a great job of breaking up your outline and I am a believer in that you are better off being to light than to dark. That is just me though. I also have some KOM and it is just as good of a pattern. Walt is right about the stickers though. They really like the loose and fuzzy wool. lol.

I will get you some pics though.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 10:25:00 AM »
Hey I did not get a pic last night but I should be able to today.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline raghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 11:33:00 AM »
I have a set  and the jacket seems to be a little brighter/whiter than the pants. I bought it thinking it would be great in a tree stand. I also have the brown/green. However, I haven't hunted from a tree an 3years! It seems to work well on the ground here as all we have is brush(no trees) with no leaves in November so everything is light/dark. My friend has the same snow set and he is using his in the trees and really likes it. This wool is great for the few times a year I use it- a great bargain. Kom would be a gross overspend for the few days I use it.

Offline Brent Rudolph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2009, 04:39:00 PM »
Walt, that is wrong. Burrs are not five times harder to get out of my Columbia than your KOM. More like six, maybe seven times. Walt is giving you a good read on it. I love mine, but they seem to seek out burrs and beggers lice. You can watch the weeds in the field leaning towards you when you walk by them. A good pair of polypros under them, and you are fairly good. I never got real cold in them. I do think they break up really well in the woods. For the price, I think they are hard to beat. My .02 worth.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©