3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bow Giveaway......please read! Winner announced!!!! Bosteldr #1171  (Read 1541 times)

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
Ok, back in December we were having some trouble with Christmas and I had to sell off my bow to make things happen. I had some good people in here give me a hand with getting a bow to use with the stipulation of passing it on when I was through.
  I would really like to give this to someone in a dire situation, who is really in need. I would hate to see someone just say they want it, and have it sitting on a shelf unused. I know with the economy today, some of us had to make choices for the better of the family, and that left them without a bow to shoot.
  The bow is a 58 inch Windwalker takedown recurve pulling 53#@28(feels like a bit more like 55#. I have put a new 3 bundle B-50 flemish string on it and added some silencers. In the pic you will see fur, but I since have put on some green yarn puffs. This is a good solid hunting bow and should serve well.
 I would like to see this bow get passed around. When the next recipient gets it, they can use it till they are able to get another bow, and pass it on from there. Keep the circle going!!
 I will pick a winner on Sunday Feb 8th (My Birthday!!     :D     ) at 9pm.     :campfire:          :archer:    

Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline STIKNSTRINGBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bow Giveaway......please read! Winner announced!!!! Bosteldr #1171
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 01:19:00 AM »
I have a friend who could put it to good use, He wants to try hunting with me next year, and was going to borrow one of mine. I am sure he would rather have one of his own. please put my name in.
"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir
"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order." - John Burroughs

Offline Bullet_Bob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 01:43:00 AM »
There was a guy on here that wanted bows for the guys over in Iraq. I think this would be the best use for this bow. I can't find the thread sorry.
"Quit, don't quit? Noodles, don't noodles? You are too concerned about what was and what will be. There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present." - Oogway (Kung Fu Panda)

Offline Boom Stick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 08:48:00 AM »
I have a good friend that hasnt's been able to afford a trad bow.  This would be perfect.

Please add my name.

Brad,

Offline JoeM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 08:52:00 AM »
I don't need a bow.  But just wanted to acknowledge what your doing is top notch!!!  This is another example of what makes the barebow community different.  Joe
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm."  Teddy Roosevelt

Offline Frenchymanny

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 08:56:00 AM »
:notworthy:  

Please do not add my name to the hat.
This is a great looking bow to boot!

F-Manny
Coureur des Bois
Big Jim: Buffalo Bows 62" 60@27 & 65@27 ThunderChilds 56" 62@27 & 62@27 Desert BigHorn 59@27
ML, Shrew &TC Knives
With a sturdy bow, a true shaft, and a stout heart, we journey forth in
search of adventure.

Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 09:01:00 AM »
Arwin, you are the man!!  As you know I dont need it but I just wanted you to know how awesome it is to pass it on and help somebody else out.  Hope somebody really deserving gets the bow!!  Good luck and I will see you Saturday!!   :thumbsup:    :archer:
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 09:03:00 AM »
Great job DO NOT enter my name. Glad thing are lookin up for you...God Bless  :thumbsup:
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline D.A. Davis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 09:04:00 AM »
Well, as much as I hate to, I'll put my name in.  I had to quit shooting my recurve and longbow a few years ago because of a shoulder injury, so I quit shooting completely for a few years.  Finally, I tried shooting again, but ended up with an old compound, because I couldn't shoot anything without letoff.  Now, I no longer have my recurve or longbows due to financial issues along the way, and I can't shoot a compound anymore due to my shoulder.  But, I'm having surgery today with the intention to rehab agressively so I can return to the traditional archery that I loved.  I don't have a bow as of yet, but will start looking after surgery, and when I can manage to save up a few extra dollars, which is going to be difficult in this economy.  Thanks for the gesture.
Genesis 21:20 - "And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer"

Offline BobCo 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 09:09:00 AM »
Very nice gesture!!!  :clapper:  

(Do not put my name in.)

Offline mwmwmb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 09:17:00 AM »
Feb 8 is my son's 2nd birthday. please dont add my name i just wanted to say great gesture.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 09:17:00 AM »
:thumbsup:

Offline CBH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2009, 09:24:00 AM »
I have a fellow in mind for you. He is my brothers brother in law, Bill. He has been serving in a medical unit in Iraq. While over there, his wife got a lawyer and sent him a letter telling him that she wanted a divorce. He had no idea it was coming. When he finally came back home on leave, she had put all of his cloths in bags and put them out on the porch. Not only that, she had her new boyfriend living there. She sold a lot of his things and has turned his life upside down. He has recently come home, but is now living in a friends basement. My brother went to visit him just a couple of days ago, and  he said, "Randy, every thing that I own now is in this little room right here."

Offline Mourning Wood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2009, 09:52:00 AM »
Arwin,that is too sweet not to say that you are going to really make someone's "Day"!!
 I am fortunate enough to have my one and only bow but I've had it for years and as you probably realize that when times are at their worst, we can clear our heads by going hunting or stumping!!My situation isn't so rosy right now either but I live vicariously through all you fine people on the Wall.Tremendous Gesture!!
   ED!
Jack of all trades,Expert at none!!

Offline BEN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2009, 10:01:00 AM »
Awesome gesture and what makes TradGang special!   :archer:    

Ben
Ben
M.O.A.B  54# Thunderstick
Ancient Spirits 62# "Thunderhawk"
Browning Wasp 45#

"VEGETARIAN"----Old Indian word for "BAD HUNTER".

Offline KVTA TANK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2009, 10:20:00 AM »
Arwin, what you are doing is top notch.I would like to help in this .I have 6 new 2114 xx75 30" long with white to pink fade wrap and 3 5.5 pink feathers. ( FRED Fan) I will give to who ever wins the bow.. Just let me know who it is with there adress .GOD BLESS
president. Kanawha Valley Traditional Archers. Member Traditional Bowhunters of Southern WV.  selfmade 65# takedown..Trust in GOD. the one and only GREAT SPIRIT.

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2009, 10:24:00 AM »
I have a freind who is a missionary worker and would love to have a chance at that Arwin,, Thankyou,,JBobb
TGMM

Offline Straight Shootin'

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2009, 10:28:00 AM »
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
USN(RET) 1977-99
SOM 2001-2019

52" Fedora Stalker
Bear K-Mag x2
Predator Velocity 60"

"If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it." -- Fred Bear

Offline L. E. Carroll

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2009, 10:33:00 AM »
I'd put my vote in for allowing it a trip overseas to the soldier looking for a take down.
Gene
Tall Tines R/C
64 Kodiak
69 Super Kodiak Big River replica
56" 55$# Static Tipped Kwyk Styk
Blacktail Elite
54 dual shelf Compass Kodiak

PBS Associate Member
Traditional Bowhunters of WA.

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2009, 10:34:00 AM »
I dont need a bow just wanted to say you the man.  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©