3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: one of those nights  (Read 770 times)

Offline txcookie

• Trad Bowhunter
one of those nights
« on: March 13, 2007, 01:07:00 AM »
So as I started practiceing tonight my sgoulder got loose like it was about to pop out. I am very hard headed so I gave it a couple of hours and went back to shooting no pain so I got to thinking it was my form. I shot another arrow  bang loud noise bow shoots about 5 foot from me wife startes laughing her but off and kid ask what happened. My arrow split right down the middle when I let the arrow fly. I mean right down the nock thru the cedar. I never seen anything like it. WHY DID THIS HAPPEN? WHY IS MY ARM SCARING ME. Man this Trad stuff is crazy. I know the arm was form I know my body and I just know it was my form. Now the arrow I dont get that one its like I was using a razor for a string. I shoot a 55# bow and my arrows are spined for 55-60 the nocks are just barely keeping the arrow on the string and that one arrow has been the loosed one of them all. Any how I checked the bow since I basically dry fired it and found no signs that it is F.U.B.A.R .   Does this kinda stuff happen to anyone else or am I just in the runnings for Earnest gets a Bow   :help:
Is it deer season yet?

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: one of those nights
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 01:21:00 AM »
You must have aligned the nock groove with the grain instead of across the grain.  Glad you weren't hurt!!
Gen 27:3  "Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;"

In His service,
Brian Rice

TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline dorris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 01:39:00 AM »
hey try not shooting your bow as hard as you can lighten up on it and shoot it just almost as hard as you can then you wont bust those arrows all up . cause if you shoot it as hard as you can it will shoot as hard as it can .    :thumbsup:    just messing with ya   :biglaugh:  . it may be as carbon caster said and maybe you had a crack in that arrow or something . may just been bad luck .
" If I fail trying my hardest did I really fail ? "

Jeff Dorris
11/16/1970 ~ 3/30/2010
Rest In Peace

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 04:37:00 AM »
Are you over bowed or maybe shooting too much. Try practicing with a lighter bow for your form and give your body the rest it needs. This may help your shoulder out.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline DarkeGreen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 07:21:00 AM »
If you are using regular nocks there is no way that should have happened even if the grain was aligned the wrong way. Are you pinching or biting the nocks? You would have to have a cracked knock to begin with and then a bunch of bad luck afterwards.

If they were self nocks and lined up with the grain you'd have a real good chance. Line them up across the grain and wrap them and your problem should go away.

Offline txcookie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 09:33:00 AM »
I nought thses arrows and they have shot pretty goo thus far. They are regular knocks so I am till a little confused. Ill try and get some pics up tonight it worth lookin at  :coffee:
Is it deer season yet?

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 06:42:00 PM »
Yup, most of these readers are guys, and you  know  that guys are visually oriented.
'Sides, your writing is harder to read than RSUTY'S!  :biglaugh:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 06:50:00 PM »
Kill, I see what you mean lol. Alan

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 10:49:00 PM »
Killey,

Whats wrong with being visually oriented???? Just cause I'm on a diet doesn't mean I can't read the menu  :bigsmyl:  

It sounds as if your nock was broken. either from pinching it so it'll stay on the string better or you might have hit it when you grouped your arrows in the target. either way glad your not hurt bows can be replaced.
1) Gen. 21:20
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 07:08:00 AM »
Just glad you weren't hurt.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©