3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Bear Custom TD Supreme  (Read 2242 times)

Offline Otto

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Bear Custom TD Supreme
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2007, 08:55:00 PM »
I bought my first Kodiak TD a few years back (used, all my real money gets funneled down to Nixa Mo. for some reason) and I was VERY suprised at how well those Bear TD's shoot.  Narrow grip throat to reduce chances of torque.  Smooth draw out to my 29"+ draw.  I was very happy with that purchase for sure.
Otto

Offline Bryan Burkhardt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2007, 09:46:00 PM »
Mine is on order...can't wait to hunt with it.

Bryan
You can increase your wealth by counting your blessings

Offline Woodduck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2007, 10:58:00 PM »
I'd get one if I could shoot as good as John Dill.  :wavey:
Happy trails....   ('till we meet again, Dale Evans Rogers)
>>>--a kindred spirit--->     (got that from Fred Anderson)

North Carolina Bowhunters Association

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2007, 01:50:00 AM »
I hear ya Mac! I hope you and the Mrs. are doing fine. I hope to see you at some shoots this year!
John

Online Jack Denbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2007, 12:52:00 PM »
Daggone you Robert. Since you showed that pix of that bow I can't get it off my mind. I sure would like to fondle one before buying one.
Jack
PBS Associate member
TGMM Family of the Bow
Life is good in the mountains

Offline Nook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2007, 04:46:00 PM »
Hey Jack... Is it legal to fondle a bear in Virginia...  I think I'll pass..    :bigsmyl:
"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
PBS Regular

Online Jack Denbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2007, 06:12:00 PM »
Hey Jeff are going to pass on the bow or fondling a bear. he he. I am more of a longbow guy but those bear takedowns have always interested me ever since they first came out. Those old wooden handles are out my price range now. They seemed a little high back in the early 70's but now, wow. I have seen handles that guys wanted $2500.00 for. I will probably just stick with my Great Northern's.
Jack
PBS Associate member
TGMM Family of the Bow
Life is good in the mountains

Offline 6 POINT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2007, 07:49:00 PM »
Look at some of the prices on the other Bear Archery bows they have listed, some are several hundred more than this one. That makes them the most expensive trad bows I've ever seen. Love my Widows and feel they were well worth the money I paid for them, but can't justify paying over a grand for a Bear.

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2007, 07:57:00 PM »
Bear bows will always sell, but  to me especically if you draw 27plus....these bows stack and have noticable hand shock, and finger pinch ....but they have a following , I myself have owned many over the years....there just dang many that just shoot better, bows in the 450 -500 range that will kick their butt....just my 2 cents....
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline VA Bowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2007, 08:00:00 PM »
Originally posted by 6 POINT:
Look at some of the prices on the other Bear Archery bows they have listed, some are several hundred more than this one. That makes them the most expensive trad bows I've ever seen. Love my Widows and feel they were well worth the money I paid for them, but can't justify paying over a grand for a Bear.
Why can't you justify a Bear?  The new Black Widow PGA - Gold Anniversary One Piece Recurve is $1210.00. So I don't see the difference. But I'm not buying either one. I'll just admire from a distance I guess. I've already got a Bear Custom TD and spare limbs.  My wife bought it for me a couple of years ago when they were  only  $679.99

Bows, Broadheads & Backstraps

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©