3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: BEAR METRIC HUNTER ARROWS  (Read 335 times)

Offline cedarshaft

• Trad Bowhunter
BEAR METRIC HUNTER ARROWS
« on: February 05, 2009, 11:11:00 AM »
A FRIEND'S WIFE BOUGHT 8 BEAR METRIC HUNTER ARROWS [8.6mm] AT A FLEA MARKET. I TRIED A 11/32'S NOCK AND IT SEEMS TO FIT OKAY. A 2016 POINT WHICH I USE IS SLIGHTLY SMALLER THAN THE SHAFT. ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA WHAT SIZE POINT HE NEEDS? I AM GOING TO PUT NEW NOCKS AND FLETCHING ON FOR HIM, BUT HE CAN BUY AND SCREW IN THE TIPS HE WANTS.

Offline Trooper

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: BEAR METRIC HUNTER ARROWS
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 02:07:00 PM »
I have some and they are good arrows.  I think it takes a 2117 insert. Good luck!
It's not what you kill but how you hunt...

Offline Grant Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 02:10:00 PM »
Trooper is correct- 2117 fits okay- not perfect but okay and an 11/32 point works well also. All the Bear Metrics-magnums and hunters use the same size insert- the sizes result from the shaft wall thickness increasing. There was one larger than the 8.6; the 8.7.          Grant

Offline Grant Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 02:11:00 PM »
Forgot to say that the Bear insert was made of nylon and had no flange behind the point. They worked surprisingly well.

Offline cedarshaft

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 11:33:00 AM »
Thanks to Trooper and Grant for this info. It never fails when you try to help someone it often takes a lot more than you imagined. However, I can't think of many things better than helping an archery brother because he will appreciate it. Especially when you are weaning him away from one of those God awful contraptions with pulleys and cams and sights and overdraws and on and on. Thanks again for the info...

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 12:43:00 PM »
The 8.6 takes a 5/16 nock and 2117 insert. They spine out to a 2413.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©