3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Arrow Stand and Bow hanger ***PICS + UPDATE***  (Read 385 times)

Offline Marty Wiseman

• Trad Bowhunter
Arrow Stand and Bow hanger ***PICS + UPDATE***
« on: February 06, 2009, 12:03:00 AM »
Some of you may remember a post I put up back in September about an arrow stand that me and a buddy built to store my arrows.  My friend Tim and I just finished up the second part of the build, a hanger for my bow!  I considered just editing that old post, but I realize a lot of you are on dial-up and that would be a lot of pictures to load.  If you would like to see closer pics of the arrow stand you can find the old post here...

Arrow Stand

It's been several months since we built the arrow stand, and we FINALLY got our hands on some more walnut lumber to finish what we started back in the summer. I didn't have a lot of room on my walls to put a big fancy bow and arrow rack that hung the bow horizontal.  I was working with a small area on my wall and wanted to hang the bow vertical, so Tim and I started with some idea's.  We covered several designs, but settled on an irregular shape, with the edge cut at an angle.  I was going for a look that resembled a cross cut section of a log.  (albeit a very irregular log )  We got out a piece of poster board and held it up where I wanted it to hang, and knocked out a rough shape.  Then we went to work.  
     I ran one of the biggest boards over to a buddy who had a planer and we smoothed it out, then it was time to cut the board down, and join it together.  Now the hard stuff began.  We wanted an irregular shape for the edge, but we also wanted the irregular shape cut at an angle.  This is where it's nice to have a buddy who has a band saw and knows how to use it!  It took a long time, and the band saw blade jumped the track 3 times!!!  But Tim managed to cut the shape    :knothead:  

Ok, enough explanation and rants.  I think I have covered the important things, so on with the pictures.

This was a rather long post, but I was a bit excited.  A lot of work, and more importantly friendship and FUN went into making both of these things, and I have something kinda cool to show folks that come to visit.
There are two wolves in every mans heart.  One is love, the other hate.  The one that wins is the one you feed the most.

Offline razorsharptokill

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Arrow Stand and Bow hanger ***PICS + UPDATE***
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 02:39:00 AM »
Very nice! Nothing better than wood and antler for a bow rack.
Jim Richards
Veteran

USMC 84-88
Oklahoma Army National Guard 88-89
USMCR 89-96 Desert Storm
Oklahoma Air National Guard 2002- present. Operation Iraqi Freedom 2005(Qatar) and 2007(Iraq),
Operation New Dawn Iraq 2011,
Operation Enduring Freedom 2018 Afghanistan.
NRA Life Member.

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 02:41:00 AM »
:thumbsup:     :thumbsup:

Offline bowhunterfrompast

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 03:10:00 AM »
Nice  :thumbsup:
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 05:36:00 AM »
Very cool!  I love working with wood, and that is a great way to show off a special bow.  Thanks for sharing.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 03:15:00 PM »
Very nice!!  Hap

Offline Zenzele

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 03:28:00 PM »
Very - Very Nice!!!   :notworthy:    :clapper:
'It's better to have less thunder in the mouth, and more lightning in the hand.' - Apache proverb

Offline Curtis Haden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 03:33:00 PM »
:thumbsup:      :clapper:
Rose Oak Ace 41@28
Super Shrew Gold 42@28
Black Widow PCH-X 40@28
Toelke Pika 43@28
_ _ _

A subtle play on words is better than a poke in the eye.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©