3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Arrowmaster quiver. Pros and cons?  (Read 1440 times)

Offline hawk22

• Trad Bowhunter
Arrowmaster quiver. Pros and cons?
« on: February 06, 2009, 01:21:00 PM »
I'd like to hear from anyone who has this quiver.  let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Arrowmaster quiver. Pros and cons?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 01:58:00 PM »
To me it is an exceptional product.  My arrows are too long to be transported on a bow (33-35").  The quiver carries excellently, arrows draw easily, its quiet, and even has room for carrying some extras.  It is well designed, and well constructed too.  My only "negative" is I could stand it a touch longer - but that is an unreasonable request as 99% of the general shooting public don't draw bows 32"......

It gets my vote.  Great product!!!!!!!

BobW
"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Offline Drew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 02:00:00 PM »
Do a search and you'll come up with quite a few threads...I have one and love it.

The arrows are protected, and don't rattle when you move or walk as it conforms to your back. Arrows are easy to pull out without a lot of motion, and the storage pocket is great.

The only con I can think of is, some type of storm flap or debris cover would be nice to cover the access hole, although I put a coat of vaseline on my broadheads in case of rain...water does drain well out of it.

Great product in my experience, I'm sure others will chime in with similiar comments.
Just a Coyote Soul out wandering...

Offline Crash

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 03:01:00 PM »
Pro:  Well made, quiet, good protection for the fletching.

Con:  It's not a bow quiver.  

I used one most of last season and it's just not as handy as a bow quiver.  You can carry lots of stuff, lots of arrows but when you are carrying a treestand or even some backpacks, it's in the way.
"Instinctive archery is all about possibilities.  Mechanist archery is all about alternatives. "  Dean Torges

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 04:31:00 PM »
I think the rubber in the bottom is too "soft" and falls apart too easily with the one or two arrows that come in and out the most. It's an easy fix for me so it is really not an issue I am too concerned about. Overall, it is the best hunting quiver I have used since I started to bow hunt in the mid 1950's.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Online Jason Kendall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 05:16:00 PM »
I was hoping to know today, mine shipped Wednesday! Maybe tomorrow. Come on Postman!!!

Offline BowHuntingFool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 05:35:00 PM »
Jason, you won't be sorry! I love mine!

>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
      Ojibwa Bowhunters

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 06:17:00 PM »
Bill, the foam used in the broadhead safety cup has always been somewhat of a double edged sword...make it too durable(ie dense) and broadheads are gripped too tightly and tough to remove....make it easy to get an arrow out quickly and the foam cuts up pretty quick, but is easily replaceable. I recently changed the type foam were using and after using this type foam for a few months, I can say..its a good balance!
2004 IBO World Champion

Offline dragon rider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 06:39:00 PM »
Mine's still too new to tell you anything for certain, only out once, but the early returns are very promising.  The arrows were where I expected to find them everytime I reached for one - no quiver migration.
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons; people are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 08:07:00 PM »
I like mine....  Only thing I don't like is when I wear my Bison gear pack, the belt has a pocket on the right side which makes the quiver stick out too far and it is uncomfortable.  Any other time, it is really nice.  I used mine a lot last year.   I especially like how quiet it is, how easy it is to extract  AND replace an arrow,  and then.......  I can hunt in the rain and expect the arrow fletch to stay nice.  That feature is important.
ChuckC

Offline SilverTip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 08:21:00 PM »
one word, AWESOME and Rod stands behind them, its a no lose situation.

Billy
If Jesus Christ guides your arrow, its really hard to miss.  Billy

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 08:25:00 PM »
I like how it carries and how it can be fitted easily to the tree trunk or branch with the buckle and strap. I got rid of my bow quivers and only kept my Catquiver for a back-up. One more pocket on the outside would be nice though.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline wihill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2009, 08:27:00 PM »
I love mine, does everything excedingly well, and didn't soak my arrows in 4 hours of saturating rain.  Design is perfect, and works great in the field.

Only negative I have on it is the material (bucksuede-ish?!) seems to scuff/markup easily.  I've got a grid work pattern from the liner material where the quiver rests against my back and wore it into it, and a couple good scratches/scuffs from odd limbs wandering the woods.  Doesn't seem to effect the product, just thought it would have held up a bit better from the few times I had it out.

My bucksuede SG top/bottom from Predator is going on it's second season with no visible wear on it... so maybe just a fluke in the material?     :confused:    :thumbsup:
Support the sport!

Offline Mike Orton

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2009, 08:41:00 PM »
Next to my bow and broadheads, this is the finest piece of archery equipment I own.

You won't be disappointed.  Pull the trigger and buy one...
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline hawk22

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2009, 08:51:00 PM »
I saw one with a guys name on it.  Is that something you can have done from safari tuff?

Online Jason Kendall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2009, 09:24:00 PM »
HAwk, I believe I read on another thread that you can, it wasnt much extra but it added a few weeks of wait time.

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2009, 10:05:00 AM »
Jason's got it right!  Monograms have to be done before the Arrow Master is built, so they take a few days longer to ship than one from stock.

Thanks for all the kind words!

Rod
2004 IBO World Champion

Offline cahaba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2009, 03:31:00 PM »
One of the best purchases I have ever made. I did modify it some to carry my blunts better. I cant think of anything negative about it. Its the only quiver I own now. My grandson got my other ones. Thanks Rod for a great product!
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Online Jason Kendall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2009, 04:11:00 PM »
Well mine showed up today, I put a few arrows in it and ran around the yard and I heard nothing! The pictures on his site look more tan/brown, mine is actually alot more green/camo looking than I expected which I like! I am really looking forward to hunting with this one!

Thanks for the fast service and great quiver Rod!

Offline deermaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2009, 04:14:00 PM »
i have heard nothing but good about it.  when i upgrade from my 20$ hip qiver that dulls heads and drops arrows, the arrow master will be mine.
"I dont want my country to do anything for me, I want to do everything I can do for my country"~~~Ted Nugent

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©