3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wensel Bros pig gig  (Read 7459 times)

Offline knife river

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wensel Bros pig gig
« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2009, 05:32:00 PM »
Originally posted by Iron Bull:

In addition to the Memories we all are coming home with, I personally bought back at least 50 lbs of Texas Dust-N-Sand.

You're lucky you didn't get the "surprise" box that somebody else carried home...  
  :jumper:
TGMM Family of the Bow

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2009, 05:49:00 PM »
The package has been found.  All I can say is revenge is SWEET!!!!  :readit:    :readit:  )
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2009, 06:20:00 PM »
Poor Whip seems to always end up with the "CRAPPY" unpacking. Sometimes by accident too   :goldtooth:

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2009, 07:53:00 PM »
Whip- Thanks for helping me out with the books. I hope you had a fun trip. I will see you at WTA. Mike

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2009, 08:10:00 PM »
Whip what is it about you and that stuff. Such a nice guy, with such crappy thing's happening to you  

Offline knife river

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2009, 08:13:00 PM »
Whip, we didn't intend it for you.  We thought those bins were Vance's.  But when you picked them up and packed it straight into your trailer, JC and I looked at each other and said, "That'll work!"    :jumper:  

Would the packback be a little lighter if I said it was all Doug's idea???    :D
TGMM Family of the Bow

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline Barney

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2009, 08:26:00 PM »
:biglaugh:

Offline BowHuntingFool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2009, 09:10:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by knife river:
Whip, we didn't intend it for you.  We thought those bins were Vance's.  But when you picked them up and packed it straight into your trailer, JC and I looked at each other and said, "That'll work!"     :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:
>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
      Ojibwa Bowhunters

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2009, 09:11:00 PM »
Man I gotta stay away from Whip...last time Curtis thought my sleeping bag was Whip's  :eek:  Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline rabbitman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2009, 09:32:00 PM »
Stopped and visited friends on the drive home and just arrived this evening. It was a great camp with very good food and a super ranch. We drove at least 12 miles every morning to get to the areas we were hunting.  I believe everyone had numerous stalks and/or shots at animals. I found out that I'm a great spotter and stalker but obviously a lousy shot because I missed more than once on javies.  I know that on Thursday my hunting partner and I glassed at least 50 of those little creatures.  Getting close enough for a shot was a different story. Gene and Barry, the famous "Berry Brothers", were great hosts and story tellers. It was great to share camp with so many tradgangers that I've hunted with in the past and to finally meet a few that I've gotten to know by way of the the site...it was great to put faces to the handles. The only negative event was the Tuesday night dust storm which put a hurting on camp and everything in it.  I'm still emptying dust and dirt out of all my clothes and equipment. At least the storm spared Bob's shopping bag.  :bigsmyl:

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2009, 11:17:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by knife river:
Whip, we didn't intend it for you.  We thought those bins were Vance's.  But when you picked them up and packed it straight into your trailer, JC and I looked at each other and said, "That'll work!"     :saywhat:  
  :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: February 17, 2009, 06:40:00 AM »
Don't you guys realize that Whip is a retired banker? Don't you wacth the news? Bankers are deviates of the worst kind....and since he's retired, he doesn't have to bend around all that government regulation anymore. Ya'll are in troubllllllllllllllle.........
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline smiley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: February 17, 2009, 07:10:00 AM »
Did anyone  else climbed one those shooting towers to get a better look at the land and leave your bow on the ground and have havie come out and walk around you  :banghead:
Wayne A Hoffman

Offline Tom Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
    • BISON GEAR PACKS
« Reply #113 on: February 17, 2009, 08:25:00 AM »
Myself,Lloyd & Eric got inot Albany NY airport about 7:45 PM sat night.I can't wait to go back nest year (The same crew is going RIGHT ?? along with addition of GURU.
 There was a ton of game there I had quite a few stalks on Javies & a  couple doz hogs crossed paths ,but things did not work out could not close the deal and I had some CLOSE encounters.
 Still have to unpack and take my large Cabela's bag to car wash to get the sand out !!
  It was really nice to meet some new Trad Gangers Smiley,Woodie,Rob Tattoo,Denny,Doug Campbell,Kevin Shea to name a few along with the 4 Frenchmen.
BISON GEAR PACKS
https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=bison%20gear%20packs

TGMM Family of the Bow * PBS * P&Y
 * Massachusetts Bowhunters * NRA
 * Compton Traditional Bowhunters *
 * N.A.H.C. * N.Y.Bowhunters *
  * N.J.Bowhunters *

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: February 17, 2009, 08:34:00 AM »
Hi guys! How's yer Mommanim?  :wavey:

Managed to drag my battered, sandblasted, burnt & tattered carcass back home last night.

What a week!

Had the time of my life, yet again, thanks to all 'a y'all (See Joe, picked some up offa ya!)
Really great to meet back up with some great friends & get the opprtunity to make a few more.

Lemme get my thoughts, bones & pictures in order & I'll be back with a few stories.....
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Doug Campbell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2009, 10:37:00 AM »
Hey thanks Woody...  

Made it home yesterday evening about 7:30, left TX Sat morning 9:00ish, 35ish hours of windshield time. Good thing I had such great traveling companions, thanks Vance and Barney! Now got a ton of stuff to try and get done before leaving for NY on Fri. Life is hard in Montana  ;)  

Meeting new and old friends made the trip, nobody could ask for a better bunch to hang out with for a week. You can bet I'll be doing everything in my power to make it again next year!  Thanks everybody!!

:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2009, 12:22:00 PM »

Glad Yer home Safe and Sound, Quite an EVENT

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2009, 12:34:00 PM »
I know I'm not the one to complain about this      :p  

But y'all are killin' me with the lack of stories and pix    :pray:  

I understand, believe me....but you're still killin' me...   :(
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2009, 05:28:00 PM »
OK Guys enough already, get on with pics and stories. We are waitinggggggggggggggggggg. LOL
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline kevin shea

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: February 17, 2009, 07:41:00 PM »
I am new at this, first time I am on here.  Just wanted to thank everyone for making me feel welcome, had a great time with you guys, hope to do it again next year.  take care, Kevin
If thereś wood in the air, thereś hope

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©