3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bino strap ??????  (Read 434 times)

Offline stick hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Bino strap ??????
« on: February 07, 2009, 07:34:00 PM »
I have a question do you guys prefer and use the regular strap you get with most binoculars or do you prefer a bino system like the crooked horn system i was just wondering because it seems when using the crooked horn system if you pick up th binos with one hand the tension makes them fold thanks guys!!!!

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bino strap ??????
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 07:59:00 PM »
I have used a bino system for years and really like it. I always have my binos on when I am hunting and they have never gotten in the way of shooting ever. But I dont seem to ahve the problem you are describing
Make a life, not a living

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 08:37:00 PM »
Chas, sounds like you just need a new pair of binos!  LOL

Seriously though, I use the Crooked Horn system and don't have any problems. I feel naked if I go hunting without my binos!!

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 09:55:00 PM »
I actually went to hanging my bino's from a strap made from parachute cord.  I hang it over my neck but under my right arm,like a possibles bag, not in front of me.  I don't like the pull of the Crooked-Horn-like systems when I pull up my bino's and the way I now do it is actually better for me.  By using the paracord, it moves easily as I drag them up and forward, then back to their storage position.  Not for everyone, but I sure like it.
ChuckC

Offline San Juan Slim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 10:33:00 PM »
I definitely prefer the Crooked Horn or Nimrod harness system to a normal strap.  I don't know what binoculars you have, but Vortex makes a lock you can tighten to keep the binoculars at the proper angle for your eyes.  It doesn't work with all binoculars though.

Mike

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 10:33:00 PM »
I still use the strap that came with my binos. Just hook it under my back tag then pull 'em over my head. Keeps the weight off my neck and the glasses up high on my chest. Out of the way when bending or stalking through cover. Oh Yea. Not in the way when shootin' also.

... mike ...  :archer:  ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 09:31:00 AM »
Only been using binocs for two years now and have used them with the factory strap as well as a crooked horn system. After watching deer in almost complete darkness and seeing deer that I normally would have missed I cannot hunt without them !

With all that being said I would also not wear them without the cooked horn system. The binocs feel weightless and I do not even know they are on most of the time. The only time they have been in the way was when bending over to pack / unpack my Viper treestand.They seem to get in between me and my work at hand.  I do carry 10X42 25oz Leupold Pinnacles so they are pretty large binocs. If you had a smaller pair you would like this system even better I would think.

I am in the process of buying some new huntin duds and some offer bino pockets and pouches made onto the upper chest. That might be an option as well. Any of you guys have experience with the bino pockets and tell us what you think ???

nocams  :help:
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Offline Lone archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 09:40:00 AM »
The folding problem maybe corrected by looking under the rubber armuor or seals at the hing points some have allen screws you can tighten.

Offline elknut1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 09:58:00 AM »
Stick Hunter, what brand of Optics do you have? It's possible you can get a "bino loc" it would fit generally in the area where you have a threaded hole for tripod use. I use the bino harnesses by Vortex & have no noticeable issues.
  I have 8X32--10X42--15X50 Optics & all come with the holes for a bino loc if needed.
  I would say though that your binos are pretty old or way to loose in the hinging area, they shouldn't move that easily.

ElkNut1

ElkNut1

Offline stick hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 12:06:00 PM »
Thanks for all the info guys!!! i have a pair of vortex diamondbacks.

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 12:19:00 PM »
My experience with chest pockets made for binocs, is that they collect everything you DON'T want and do not support the bino's well enough to help.
ChuckC

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2009, 09:40:00 PM »
Thanks Chuck on the chest pockets !

nocams  :campfire:
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Offline elknut1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 10:05:00 PM »
Stick Hunter, you can get the Bino Loc for that Binocular. It won't move again once installed. They only weigh about 1 oz. The loc is adjustable too!

ElkNut1

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2009, 10:27:00 PM »
I used the parachute cord over the shoulder routine once.  If you hunt in the swamps near Casha, Florida and find my binoculars, let me know.
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2009, 12:46:00 AM »
Like others, I do not like the pressure caused by the Crooked Horn type bino holders.  I found the bino savers on the Hidden Wolf site, they work in conjunction with the normal neck type strap and hold the binos against the chest except when you are using them.  Here is a link to their site:

http://www.graywolfwoolens.com/store/home.php?cat=3
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline stick hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2009, 01:02:00 AM »
Walt thanks! that looks like a sweet setup!!!

Online Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2009, 01:48:00 AM »
Anyone try the Nimrod Lift n View?? I have heard good things about it!
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2009, 10:57:00 AM »
I have something like the bino savers except that it is just a camo neophrene rubber flap that holds them to your body. It really works great and keeps the binos out of the way and the weight off my neck.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline redant 60/65

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2009, 11:20:00 AM »
I had the Crooked Horn same thing with the binos. Went to a bino system made by (Mad Dog)  :thumbsup:
Larry

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©