3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: pack question  (Read 621 times)

Offline sunshine

• Trad Bowhunter
pack question
« on: February 08, 2009, 04:49:00 PM »
hello to all and thanx ahead for all the help. my question comes about bison gear packs. i want a pack that carries low on my back like bison. and i only need @1100 cu in. i'm thinking about the first explorer at 1175 cu in. but the lost river is 1675 cu in. and to me they look exactly the same in size. they only look to have  different configurations in pockets. anyone have experience with these packs and can enlighten me on the difference between the 2. i'm just tired of buying packs every year to be disappointed half way throught the season.
Life is short.....eat dessert first!!!

Offline allan f

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: pack question
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 04:52:00 PM »
Check out Nimrod packs I have a set and I really like them.  You get a couple and you can interchange and double them up as you like. I have had them for three years and have yet to be disappointed.
Allan

Offline Bear Heart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 05:22:00 PM »
I love my badlands.  Check out the web site and read the warranty info.  You can basically run it over with a tank and IF it fails they will fix it.  Can't beat that.
Traditional Bowhunters of Washington
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad
"Memories before merchandise!"

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 06:54:00 PM »
The first explorer is two compartment...the lost river is a single compartment...and then they have the different pockets.  Give Angelo a call (you may have to leave a message but he will call back) and he will answer all of your questions.  He is a sponsor & if you have a Stotler laying around he might work out a trade!    ;)
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline tim roberts

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 06:58:00 PM »
Got to give a second to the Nimrod Pack.  A lot of bang for the buck!
Tim

TGMM Family of the Bow

I guess if we run into the bear that is making these tracks, we oughta just get off the trail.......He seems to like it!  
My good friend Rudy Bonser, while hunting elk up Indian Creek.

Offline Chris C.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 07:46:00 PM »
I've had my first trip explorer for many, many years and will tell you from first hand experience that it is one of the single best products I own.  Wish I would have discovered it first as it put the end in my search for what I consider an "ideal" day pack.  Solid, silent, extremely comfortable and designed to function afield.  

IF I had it to do all over again I'd replace it with an identical pack.

Offline sunshine

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 03:48:00 PM »
thanks for the info chris. was yours wool and if so was it hot. and how heavy is it, i mean is it a heavy pack even when empty. tim.

Offline Chris C.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 03:51:00 PM »
Yes, my pack is wool and I have not noticed it being hot at all.  I'm certain it is heavier than a synthetic material, but the durability and silence to me is worth it.

Online Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 04:14:00 PM »
It's not advertised much, but the Bison Gear Elk hunter pack is also worth looking into. Its a little larger, but you don't have to stuff it unless you need to. I do not hunt without mine... whitetails, turkey, moose, elk, etc etc. The outer layer of my pack is also wool. Mike

Offline sunshine

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 08:02:00 PM »
thanx to all, i appreciate the help. i'll have to look at the elk hunter. i didn't make it to kalamazoo this year and looking at the bison gear booth was on my list to do. and their web site doesn't show all packs. really trying to do all my homework b4 my next purchase. and want to look at nimrod packs now. thanx again, tim.

Offline jct

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 08:40:00 PM »
I have the first trip and an uncle rays pack fom Angelo, theres a reason he has a waiting period for them. The best by far. Both mine are wool and I've used them for caribou rigth down to hogs in the south with no worries. Get one, if you don't like it completly I'll buy it from you for what you paid for it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©