3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Classifieds  (Read 736 times)

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
Classifieds
« on: February 11, 2009, 08:37:00 AM »
Maybe I'm bored or a little cabin fever, but I'm real curious of something. Did you ever go to the classifieds and see a bow for sale and in the caption it says: "Never been shot". I don't know about you all but if I get a new bow(or new to me) the first thing I do is go shoot it. So I get real apprehensive buying a bow from someone that says those words thinking there is more than meets the eye. Not always I'm sure but makes you wonder. Whats your opinion?

Mike
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline ranger 3

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Classifieds
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 08:57:00 AM »
I couldn't have a bow just sitting there and not shoot it, unless both my hands were broken...Howard
Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 09:03:00 AM »
Should actually say never been shot by them because I don't know any bowyer who doesn't test shoot a bow before shipping. Depends on who posts the ad on the believing part.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 10:39:00 AM »
I see it frequently on the auction sites...and believe it. Some folks are just not archers and cannot even string a bow.  To post one on TG that you "have never shot" is strange indeed.
Lon Scott

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 11:18:00 AM »
I waited for a bow for over a year once calling every so often to check on it. When I got it, it wasn't near what I ordered and had a 25# draw weight differential. I called to send it back and the bowyer argued. I sent him his previous confirming e-mails as to the correct specs. He wanted me to send it back and wait on another. Finally decided to chalk it up to experience. I never shot this bow one time and eventually sold it. Worst archery experience ever. The only good news; the guy I sold it to loved it.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 11:26:00 AM »
Originally posted by Blackhawk:
 Some folks are just not archers and cannot even string a bow.
Yeah...I agree...but why would anyone buy a bow with the intention of not shooting it?  And if they didn't buy it new....the how do they know its never been shot?
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline TexasTrad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 12:23:00 PM »
I actually just bought a bow (via the tradGang classifieds) from a guy that had never shot the bow (and he stated so in the ad).  This seemed a little odd to me when I read the ad because I immediately shoot any bow that shows up at my door.  It was a Border Black Douglas.  The guy ordered the bow and then developed health issues which prevented him from shooting it when it arrived.  Once I sent him the money he got in his car and delivered the bow to me which is above and beyond the call of duty because he lives about 4.5 hours away.  He just did not want the bow to be damaged during shipping.  The bow is in the original packaging from Border and is in pristine condidtion.  I agree that my experience is unusual, I just wanted to point out that it may be true that the potential seller has not shot the bow.  The guy I bought the bow from has a couple of more bows for sale on the classifieds right now --- a morrison and a black widow.

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 12:34:00 PM »
I don't find it so unusual. Living in Oregon, I have bought a couple of bows, and have not been able to get out and shoot them for weeks due to weather. One of them I even considered getting rid of before even shooting it because it didn't feel right in my hand. I still have the bow, haven't shot it and am still considering getting rid of it.
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 05:05:00 PM »
Sometimes it seems there are bow "speculators" out there that are buying and selling to make a couple bucks. Maybe they don't shoot the bow. My sickness on the other hand is that I MUST shoot it so I can honestly tell the next owner how it shoots.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 05:21:00 PM »
Wow, I shoot them in the house, turn the truck headlights on, have my wife hold an umbrella, drive to a range and go thru a lot more just to shoot them as soon as I get them. I could never ever post that unless I was half dead and even than it would be tough! Shawn
Shawn

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 05:21:00 PM »
I wear out my bows,but I get too many (Bow alchoolic!!)and sometimes I order 2 in the same time with same weight but different woods. I use the one I like less and live brand new the other, this way I have some bows that are never been shoot in the last 15 years. Maybe I like anew kind of wood combination and order a new one,that I don't shoot,keeping using the old one
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Blackstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 06:31:00 PM »
I bought a used BW recurve last July and just in the last three weeks started to shoot it. The reason being that I was heavily involved with my longbow and I knew that is what I wanted to hunt with last season. Sometime around May I will make a decision on this year and park the rest.

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2009, 06:47:00 PM »
Some people buy at yard sales and auctions. They do not shoot at all, they buy anything, they are just looking to make a profit on the stuff they buy at bargain prices.
John

Offline martin guy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2009, 07:57:00 PM »
I'm with Shawn.

Offline Gordon martiniuk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2009, 08:43:00 PM »
To not shoot a bow you own is just not right .. Im also with shawn whatever it takes yes I would shoot it I am not buying things like Im a long bow guy so thats why i did not shoot it yet .. I call shanaginasims on those that state I never shot it if they know how to get on trad gang classifieds they Shot it!  :confused:
Gord

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2009, 09:04:00 PM »
I'm right along with Shaun, Terry, and the rest of you. It doesn't matter what time of day, what weather, nothing could stop me from shooting a new/used bow that I bought and it just arrived. Only thing would be a health condition that I would not shoot. Unless I wasn't ever going to shoot again, I wouldn't sell it! I bought it for a reason and it's at least getting arrows through it.
Glad to see I'm not alone on this. Boy cabin fever gets a man to thinking. Maybe too much. Come on next thru. where I'll be slinging arrows at some javies. Later all.

Mike
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Offline Str8Arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2009, 04:29:00 PM »
It would be difficult to believe many bows have never been shot, though lots seem to get very little use. I bought one a couple years ago, used, from a guy who had several bows and had shot this one very little. The day I got it, I took about 30 shots and then hurt my shoulder about a week later, before I had a chance to shoot it again. I've had it 2.5 years and haven't shot it since that first day because the draw weight is simply too much now that my rotator cuff is damaged. I can now shoot a bow 10 lb lighter (barely) but haven't been able to build back up to the point where I can handle the new one - still hoping.

Offline TonyW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2009, 10:33:00 PM »
I just pray that they've never been dry fired.

To a novice, twanging away without an arrow is always possible.

Look at all the guys who write "60 inch AMMO" instead of AMO - some people really think it means the length of the "ammo."

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2009, 12:33:00 AM »
Originally posted by Shawn Leonard:
Wow, I shoot them in the house, turn the truck headlights on, have my wife hold an umbrella, drive to a range and go thru a lot more just to shoot them as soon as I get them. I could never ever post that unless I was half dead and even than it would be tough! Shawn
Absolutely! Just got a Tundra Wolf yesterday and stood out in a downpour shooting it.  When I got too wet, I drove a half hour away to buy a new target.  Last night and today we had winds of about 50 mph.  Ask my wife what I was doing down the hall into the dining room when she got home.  :D
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2009, 07:00:00 AM »
Thats what I'm talking about Molson! BTW-Since you have admitted that you broke man-law on a new bow, I expect pics will be posted withinn the next 24 hrs. or else.  :knothead:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©