3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Acadian Woods - Riser Redux & Dialed In!  (Read 292 times)

Offline Curtis Haden

• Trad Bowhunter
Acadian Woods - Riser Redux & Dialed In!
« on: February 12, 2009, 08:20:00 PM »
Some of you may recall I posted some pics and notes about a new Acadian Woods 3-piece Tree Stick I got several months ago.  Very pretty bow, and a good shooter, but the grip was just too big for my hand.  After trying to adjust to it for a while, I emailed Tim Mullins to ask if he'd reshape the grip and what the charge would be.  He replied that he would do whatever it took to get the bow right for me, at no charge.  Perhaps that's not 'unheard of' customer service in the traditional bowyer world, but very gratifying anyway!

I got my riser back about a month after I mailed it off, and WOW! ...what a difference!  I shot the bow well before, but now it's shooting good AND comfortable.  Been putting her through the paces the last several days and am very pleased.

Some friends and I got together this morning, and enjoyed a fine day of fellowship and shooting.  What a pretty day in the Ozarks!  My little legs were trembling by the time we got done with a marathon shooting session, but after a short recovery at home this afternoon, I decided to see what I could manage.  I fed the Acadian several arrows and decided to mix in some bare shafts of different lengths and weight just to see what I could get away with.

What you see in the first two pics is a 2" diameter (fletched) 4 arrow group shot from 20 yards. (And no, I don't shoot that good all the time!)  This was the first (and best) group I shot after getting home, and later groups were consistent on the bare shaft results.  Not to worry on the odd angles of some of the shafts.  My poor target is getting soft in the middle, and the shafts sag after impact sometimes.  The bare shafts are, clockwise from middle left of the fletched group;

-- 30" 2018 with 150 grain point weight, quills/no wrap.
-- 29.5" 2016 with 150 grain point, quills and 8" wrap.
-- 31" CX Heritage 150 with 250 grain point/insert and 9" wrap/no quills.
-- 30" 2016 with 125 grain point, quills/no wrap.

The bow is 58" 52@28, and I draw about 28.5".  Currently sporting a 6-strand Bobby Graham D97 string.  The 2018's are a tad stiff with 150 grain points, but certainly still shootable at my effective range.  The 30" 2016 is a bit weak, but I think an arrow wrap would probably dial those right in with the lighter points.  The 29.5" wrapped 2016 and the heavy CX Heritage 150 were just about perfect.  Good to know I can shoot about any arrow I currently own and still have good flight.

Here's a couple of eye-candy pics for posterity's sake.  Just wish the photography was as good as the bow!  I'm a happy camper.

;)      :)      ;)
Rose Oak Ace 41@28
Super Shrew Gold 42@28
Black Widow PCH-X 40@28
Toelke Pika 43@28
_ _ _

A subtle play on words is better than a poke in the eye.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Acadian Woods - Riser Redux & Dialed In!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 08:22:00 PM »
Excellent!
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 08:24:00 PM »
This bow is on my Wish List...

:clapper:

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 08:29:00 PM »
There's a special bond between a man and his favorite bow and that ones a beauty, congrats.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 08:30:00 PM »
Very nice looking bow. Good shooting too boot!   :thumbsup:
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©