3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: moab vs savannah  (Read 1143 times)

Offline oldway

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: moab vs savannah
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2009, 03:51:00 PM »
I haven't shot either bow but if price is an issue you would be buying the Moab.On thundersticks web site it lists the basic Moab at $515.00 and on the Martin site it lists the Savannah at 569.99.

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2009, 05:25:00 PM »
Okay I'll be a descenting vote.  I had a MOAB and it was a fine bow, but it was not any better than the Savannah in my eyes.  Matter of fact, the Savannah was a smoother bow and more of a D design.  I sold the MOAB and wish I had the Savannah yet.

This of course doesn't mean the MOAB is bad, it means I liked the Savannah much better.  Don't read too much into that.

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2009, 07:52:00 PM »
I for one did not talk bad about the Savanah . I`ve owned one and it was a fine bow but TJ asked between the two bows. In my opinion and if I were to buy another it would be a moab ,all bamboo limbs and cocobola riser. No flares are antler tips just a plain pig killing moab.RC

Offline TradOnly

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Life Insurance Agent
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2009, 08:10:00 PM »
My Savannah is shortish, smooth, it doesn't stack, makes no sound, shoots a 10gr per pound arrow right at 200fps, and I paid $350.00 for it.  My next longbow will be a 62lb Savannah.
Martin Savannah Longbow 50# @ 29"
Martin Savannah Stealth 55# @ 28"
Griffin Takedown 52# @ 28"
Easton Bloodline 330

Offline TradOnly

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Life Insurance Agent
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2009, 08:11:00 PM »
I do agree with the string comment.  I bought my string from Kustom King.
Martin Savannah Longbow 50# @ 29"
Martin Savannah Stealth 55# @ 28"
Griffin Takedown 52# @ 28"
Easton Bloodline 330

Offline Dan Bonner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2009, 08:20:00 PM »
200 FPS @ 10 gpp? That is very rare performance territory... very,very rare. Never sell that bow! You will not find another one like it regardless of price.

Offline heydeerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2009, 08:43:00 AM »
I would agree that Martin's strings suck. I voiced my oppinion when I was a dealer and after a while I just built strings for the Martins I sold.

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2009, 10:16:00 AM »
MOAB, absolutely no doubt about it.

Offline crossstickspro

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2009, 01:02:00 PM »
I gotta go with my savannah, Its my go to out of three Fbears (1long 2recurve) a Wing, And a Bob Lee A booViper And a Hatfield T/D.(bought the savannah last  :knothead:   (drove my wife nuts,thanks to helzburge diamonds,im in the clear  ;)  )  LOve all my bows,  but I wouldnt have a problem going at any game with the savannah. I havent shot the Moab, But I think my wife needs some new earings  :goldtooth:  

Larry
67# at 32in (Savannah)
Crossstickspro, Not my name ... more of a goal

Offline longstick

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2009, 02:33:00 PM »
Ive shot tboth and I agree for the money the Savannahs not a bad bow but as posted earlier why not spen a bit more and buy a cadillac
I have a MOAB 60" and will never part with it
>>-TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Offline Autumnarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2009, 09:03:00 PM »
I have never shot a Savannah, so I cannot comment on that particular bow. I do own 2 MOAB's. My first was the first custom bow I ever bought. I went simple, cocobola diamondwood riser, with bamboo limbs, 573@28" in the 60" model. Hard hitting, smooth,quiet fast, even with my shorter draw length. I went simple with this one, as it is a hunting bow, and its got some scars to prove it. This is my go-to bow every time.

My newest is 51#@27", 62" length. Its a beauty.

I shoot the exact same arrow from each.

I call them "Meat" and "The Mistress". I have no reason to shoot anything else, as I always find myself trying to hold a different bow up to the Thunderstick standard. I've shot a lot of others, and they were all fine bows, don't get me wrong. But for me, I have yet to find one that grabs me like my MOAB's.

The Mistress
...stood alone on a montaintop, starin out at a great divide, I could go east, I could go West, it was all up to me to decide, just then I saw a young hawk flyin and my soul began to rise......

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2009, 09:05:00 PM »
Wish I could find one to buy. Can't stand to wait on a bow!!

Offline indianalongbowshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2009, 05:50:00 AM »
Savannahs are very nice bows, will keep up with most customs, mine shot a 530 gr. arrow around 180 fps at 28 in. draw and was [email protected] shot one I havent liked...
dean/indianalongbowshooter

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2009, 12:40:00 PM »
Shot both a few years ago, liked the MOAB better.

Just my experience,
Charlie

Offline Rooselk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2009, 01:11:00 PM »
I have never shot a MOAB. But a Savannah is far from being "rubbish". I purchased a Savannah in 2003 as the first trad bow I ever  purchased. Since then I've bought a few more longbows and recurves, but that Savannah still remains one of my favorite bows. As for being a "mass produced" bow, the truth is that Martin traditional bows they are still crafted one at a time by hand (unlike some custom bowyers out there, I don't believe the Martin facility in Yakima even has a CNC machine).

I agree with Heydeerman that Larry Hatfield has probably forgotten more than some bowyers know. Several weeks ago my wife and I were fortunate to be seated at the same table with Mr. Hatfield and his wife at the Traditional Bowhunters of Washington banquet. He's a great guy.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters • Traditional Bowhunters of Montana • Montana Bowhunters Association

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2009, 03:59:00 PM »
Thats why baskin robbins has 31 flavors..LOL...what ever works for ya ...my flavor is MOAB...
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Rooselk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2009, 04:27:00 PM »
Originally posted by bayoulongbowman:
Thats why baskin robbins has 31 flavors..LOL...what ever works for ya ...my flavor is MOAB...
I prefer Ben & Jerry's.   :D  

But I agree with what your saying.   :thumbsup:
Compton Traditional Bowhunters • Traditional Bowhunters of Montana • Montana Bowhunters Association

Offline khardrunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2009, 06:11:00 PM »
Shot them both and the MOAB is a much better bow. The Martin is nice, but it's just not in the same league. I had the opportunity to shoot them side by side, one after another...it was the MOAB all the way.
I Corinthians 9 24-25
...run in such a way so as to obtain the prize!

Offline Dave2old

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2009, 06:55:00 PM »
Savannah has better beaches and more pretty girls, but Moab has those spectacular arches and canyons and great Mexican food.   :bigsmyl:

Offline Bakes168

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2009, 06:58:00 PM »
:biglaugh:    :biglaugh:
"A hunt based only on trophies taken falls short of what the ultimate goal should be...time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and fish that live there"
-Fred Bear

James 2:19-20

USMC Infantry

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©