3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Who uses Fast Flight+ and why  (Read 1156 times)

Offline Mint Hill Mule

• Trad Bowhunter
Who uses Fast Flight+ and why
« on: January 03, 2007, 09:44:00 PM »
Seems to me that FF+ is more forgiving than D97 and cheaper. There are alot of choices out there with lots of opinions. I hope to start making strings for both longbows and curves. Don't want to invest alot of $$ in something that I won't use.

Offline Mudfeather

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Who uses Fast Flight+ and why
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 11:00:00 PM »
I use FF on all the bows I build. I use it on my longbows as well.

I bought two spools black and white...they make good looking strings for me.

My Brack Quests is the only bows that I don't shoot my on FF strings on. Bill really don't want his bows shot with it for some reason. He uses some of the other string materials out there.
"Dad, you and me are bow shooting huntin buddies OK?"

My son Kasey- age 5...Jan 8, 2007

Keith Bruner

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 08:50:00 AM »
I use FF on my bow because that is what the boyer built the bow to use.  It's a 12 strand string with 14 strand loops.
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline Mint Hill Mule

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 11:31:00 AM »
Thanks guys, Allen (Liberty Bows) uses FF. That is what is on My Chief, 50#. He said he will probably go to the plus when his FF runs out. I think I'll go with FF +. What strand count do you use?

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 11:44:00 AM »
I use Dyna97 or one of them newer materials PRIMARILY for the abrasion resistance since I do a LOT of hunting in rocky areas that are very hard on dacron.

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 02:15:00 PM »
Pretty sure FF+ is basically the same material as Dynaflight '97--Dyneema 75.  Original FF was Dyneema 65--same material, just a lower grade.

For what it's worth (I've made quite a few strings, but I'm no pro shooter by any stretch), the main differences I've found in shooting is how the string is made and the number of strands.  I use/prefer Dynaflight '97 because it seems to be a tad more durable than 450+, and doesn't require as many strands for the same size string as 8125.  I wouldn't have a problem using any of those three.

I have talked to a few folks whose bows seemed to "like" one material better than another, but if anyone has figured out why I haven't heard about it, and it's a rare occurance as best I can tell.  

IMO, a properly made and properly tuned string makes a lot more difference than what material it's made from, at least concerning high performance materials and how they shoot.

That being said, I never cared for original FF, and after talking with a Brownell customer service rep some years ago, it's not likely I'll ever use anything other than BCY products.  Great people to deal with, always treated me like I was a million dollar customer--I'll pay a couple bucks more per spool for that kind of service vs. being talked to like a red-headed step-child.

Chad

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©