3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 18 days till turkey season, new bow arrives today, and now this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 565 times)

Offline AkDan

• Trad Bowhunter
So the new bow arrives.  I built a few new strings for it, my typical 15 strand dynaflight 97 strings and not a single one will stay in the string grooves.

So I try a 12, nope still no stay in the groove.

So I try a 10 strand string.   Not only did this string not stay in the groove.   Being a 2 piece td system (robertson hinge), the string popped one side, then popped completely out and the bow not only unstrung itself it came apart.   In doing so it bent the top edge of the two ears on the hinge up enough getting it back together is impossible.

What is with me and these new bows of today?

16 years at this and I cannot find a 2 piece takedown that is Dan proofed yet!!!!  Not to mention should this even get fixed, once I leave on Apr 1, I wont be home again but for 3 days till sept 1, mid way through Alaskas bow season.   No access to arrow building anything, long days for 3 months of solid work leaving very little time to even shoot.  

Time to start selling bows and taking up underwater basket weaving.   Atlesat there the consequences of failure is just death all in one shot, not humility and frustation!!!   :banghead:      :banghead:      :banghead:      :banghead:      :banghead:      :banghead:      :banghead:       :banghead:

I hope you can get a laugh from this...I"M TICKED!!!!!!!!!!

Offline AkDan

• Trad Bowhunter
mind you the old bow, one I cannot mention or this thread WILL get pulled, cracked not more then 2 months ago.   Full refund for 2300 bucks for three bows.  Instead of fixing the problem he refunded the money.  

Maybe it's time to go to an atl atl?  WHeels?  smokepole?  Heck something that wont break??????????

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Have you tried a Ben Pearson Strato-Jet?
Completely Danproof!

Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Try a Howard Hill, Craig could push one through for if he new your delima. Simple, rugged, inexpensive and can be had in two piece. Most likely Dan proof.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
Man that's buzzard luck for sure. Have you tried making your own? Glass or self..it's not that hard.
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
:rolleyes:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Get the bow bolt in your next two piece.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Passthru

• Trad Bowhunter
Sorry to hear this.  I had a longbow that would do that if the loops were too large.  I don't mean too thick, but too large.

Offline AkDan

• Trad Bowhunter
well I looked at things again.  It appears my problem is the T portion of the robertson hinge is bent out slightly not allowing me to close the hinge.    Caught in a dilema, fix it myself and shoot it or send it back and be stuck without a bow possibly for another season.

I've heard things about the bow bolt cracking in the risers.  Came from a fairly reputable bowyer, so I'm sticking away from them.

Mickey,
Need access to a garage to do this, in which I have limited use of.   Have a ton of osage slats sitting my bow room, have had for a few years and no time (during summer), or no place in winter to shave on them.  I am building a bow with a ganger in Mn while I'm back.

this bow seems like a dang nice bow but likes pass thru is saying it wants SUPER tight string loops.  One of the main reasons I immediatly built my own, which I normally do anyways.   The loops that came with the string are awfully small.   Heck it definatly feels nice, with the hole 6 or 8 shots I have through it.  Shew.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©