3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Treesaddle or Vulture?  (Read 208 times)

Offline cadillac

• Trad Bowhunter
Treesaddle or Vulture?
« on: February 15, 2009, 12:25:00 AM »
I hunt on public land here in the Bayou State. What I bring in with me, I have to carry back out and I often end up walking a mile + in some pretty dense swamp to find where the big boys hide.

This makes carrying my API Grandslam in these conditions a bit rediculous, so to correct this I've been stalking and still hunting for the last 3 years. I LOVE every aspect of it. In the last three years I have learned a whole hell of a lot about woodsmanship, concealment, and habitat. In the last year, it feels like everything has come together. I have seen a ton of deer, without blowing it. I have gotten within 10 yards of a couple, and stalked within 15 yards of a very big 8 point before the wind changed and ruined it. I didn't shoot a single arrow at a deer this year, but in 16yrs of deer hunting, its been my favorite.

Just last week, I heard about the Trophyline Treesaddle. I have seen some footage of John Eberhart using it , and this looks like its tailor made for my situation. I left a voicemail for Ken Lewis concerning his Vulture system but I have had no reply as of yet. Anybody here have any input on these types of slings? Does anybody have any pictures of the Vulture?

Offline hardwaymike

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Treesaddle or Vulture?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 02:36:00 AM »
ttt
"A road is a dagger placed in the heart of a wilderness." -William O. Douglas

Believe it or not the "HARDWAY" is often the EASIER way(in hindsight)!
2xOIF VET
Bear Cub #48@28"

Offline wapitimike1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 06:52:00 AM »
I have a friend that uses one but only for short hunts. You cant stay in it for long periods of time. I think it crushes your hip joints a bit.

Offline Onehair

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 08:45:00 AM »
I have the Treesaddle and love it. You still have to plan to get in the tree. If you are comeing to the Spring Fling at ARTAC look me up and I'll bring it for you to try. I also have a home made job I have used for 20 yrs that works as well.

Offline Ol'school

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 08:51:00 AM »
I have a Treesuit, needs an almost vertical tree to work well. If the tree isn't straight up and down it's not very comfortable and I run into bow clearance problems. If the tree is right it's comfortable and has a great field of fire
"I may be getting older, But I hope I NEVER grow up!

Offline bowmaker07

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 09:07:00 AM »
I also hunt alot of public land and I use the Treesaddle. It is lightweight,quiet,very mobile,quite comfortable,and offers almost unlimited shooting around the tree. I have hung in mine for up to 6 hours at one time. It's also very secure feeling,impossible to fall out.
Walk softly and carry a bent stick

Offline pete p

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 09:10:00 AM »
i have a treesuit and like it. i have never heard of the vulture, i would like to see one too

Offline cadillac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 10:36:00 AM »
Onehair- That sounds great. I'll have to look at my work schedule. I should be there, but with shiftwork ya never know.

Bowmaker- I like the sound of that. Anymore than 5hrs in a tree and I get really figety. Do you have the Road trips, or the Ambush model?

Offline D. Devall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 11:19:00 AM »
drop that idea and get a ghillie suit. basicly turns you into a walking bush! and its fun to customize! my 2 cents worth.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©