3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Cat Quiver FIX - IT (PICS ADDED)  (Read 709 times)

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Cat Quiver FIX - IT (PICS ADDED)
« on: March 14, 2007, 09:17:00 AM »
I recieved a Cat Quiver III a while ago off the classifieds, (thanks again john, I love it) and John told me it needed new foam up top.  I was wondering what foam to use to fix it.  

I went to Wally world and got looking around in the sewing department and found a few things that might work, but just couldn't find the right stuff....then it hit me!

So I ran into the garden department and looked at their knee pads for gardening.  You have probably seen those kind that have the very dense but squishy foam that is coated with a vinyl/rubber material.....PERFECT!!!

It is very snugg fitting, and is the right density for pressing the knocks up and holding them very secure.  I lined the foam wiht some sticky back felt so that the knocks would not leave too much of an imprint and cause pemanent dents.  

What have all of you guys used?
I will post some pics later, of the fix( i am at work)    
Jake
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Cat Quiver FIX - IT (PICS ADDED)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 12:03:00 PM »
Thanks Jake!!!!!

I just purchased a Cat Quiver1 from the classifieds and it should be here in a few days.It's supposed to be in excellant shape (and I believe that it is) but if I ever have to replace the foam,I'm already ahead of the game,because I know what to look for   :thumbsup:

Thanks Again!!!!!
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Tom Uselding

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 12:29:00 PM »
I got a used Cat Quiver III a few years ago but I can't keep it from squeeking when I'm moving.  My best guess is that the noise is coming from the two side slide extension poles.  I like the quiver but seldom use it because of that. Maybe it's time for me to put this on the classifieds.
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature; old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.  Semper Fi - Tom

Offline Jeff Strubberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 12:31:00 PM »
Tom,

Back when I used a CAT, I had the same problem.  I fixed it by putting two hose clamps on the adjusters and tightening them down.  The squeak comes from the quiver expanding whenever you twist and turn with it on.
"Teach him horsemanship and archery, and teach him to despise all lies"          -Herodotus

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 05:16:00 PM »
You can also run a short self tapping screw thru the locking ring into the poles. Just make sure your adjusted to the right length first. This worked pretty good on my catquiver II.

Offline Aeronut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 09:11:00 PM »
You can use the foam kick boards for your pool and when cut in a circle they also make good aerial targets.

I eliminated most of the creaking noise on my II by wrapping the plastic box with cloth tape.  It quieted down a lot.

Dennis

Offline Dave Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 09:42:00 PM »
i fixed the squeeking by loosening the slide cinch and sliding it down, then I wrapped the  cloth type medical tape around the strut at the tensioner then pushed the tensioner back up over the tape. then I wrapped that with the tape then there is no plastic on plastic and the cinch is not going to slip. I also wrapped the top of the plastic hood with it, so the cloth cover will ride on the cloth tape. its totally silent.
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV recurve 54@28
60” Widow KBX recurve 53@27
64” DGA longbow 48@27

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 08:45:00 AM »
Here are some pics I promised of my "knee pad fix" [/url] [/IMG]  [/url] [/IMG]  [/url] [/IMG]
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 08:47:00 AM »
A few more [/url] [/IMG]  [/url] [/IMG]  [/url] [/IMG]
TGMM

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©