3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hoyt Dorado draw weight question  (Read 259 times)

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Hoyt Dorado draw weight question
« on: February 15, 2009, 06:09:00 PM »
I am considering trying a Hoyt Dorado and would like to know the experience of users/owners.  I have heard that they may often run a bit heavier in draw weight than marked. I would like to know that before buying.  Any input is appreciated (other than trying to convince me that I should really try a different brand X)    :p  Thanks, Dave
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline Ybuck

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hoyt Dorado draw weight question
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 06:16:00 PM »
Ive heard the same thing. I don't own one, so i cannot say for sure.
My Gamemaster II runs 3# heavier than marked.
Steve.

Offline GMMAT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 06:19:00 PM »
We'll soon find out.  I shot a 40# version in my shop this past week and ended up ordering the bow in the 50# model.

I currently shoot a 50# longbow...and to be honest...if it's a little heavy @ 50#'s, that's fine with me.  I don't know enough about it to comment yet, though.

Ill tell you this....I shoot a 480gr. arrow, currently.  At 40#'s it slung my arrow at 177fps.  I'm NO speed freak....but I was impressed.

We'll see.  Should be here, this week.

I suppose it would be easy enough to measure 28" and check the DW though, wouldn't it?

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 08:24:00 PM »
Yes, it would be easy enough to measure, but being a lefty and with nobody carrying recurves in stock anyway around here I will have to order it and want to get it right the first time. Thanks for the replies.  Any more?
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©