3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Best Fletch Pattern off Jack Howard Feather Rest  (Read 422 times)

Offline MG

• Trad Bowhunter
Best Fletch Pattern off Jack Howard Feather Rest
« on: March 14, 2007, 10:34:00 AM »
I have decided to put my long bows aside and bring my Jack Howard Carbon Classic off my collectible bow rack and get it ready for a DIY Elk hunt in the Fall. I know Jack would approve. My question to you Jack Howard shooters is what size, pattern, R or L helical has been most most effective for you off the Howard Feather Rest.  Also, do you shoot with the cock feather in as Jack recommended??  Thanks for your help

Online Kelly

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Best Fletch Pattern off Jack Howard Feather Rest
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 10:46:00 AM »
Yep, cock feather in 3 fletch and right wing. Been shooting that way on all my bows for over 25 years. I prefer abotu a 5.25" parabolic or banana fletch. If using the latter don't get it too high-not ove 1/2-5/8" high.
>>>>============>

Enjoy the flight of an arrow amongst Mother Nature's Glory!

Once one opens the mind to the plausible, the unbelievable becomes possible!

>>>>============>

Yours for better bowhunting, Kelly

Offline MG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 04:07:00 PM »
Thanks Kelly.  I will give that a try.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 02:00:00 PM »
I have had good success with a 120 X 60 4 fletch.  I shoot 4 3.75" vanes and have no probelem with them out of my Howards.  

I think the bottem line here is that Jacks rests are very forgiving and will work well with justabout any set up.

If you find yourself needing a new rest, Charlie Lamb is making them along with Jacks special "stretch strings".
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline MG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 02:26:00 PM »
Thanks Jack.  I was wondering about both rest and string replacements.  Great to hear that someone is carrying on Mr. Howard's tradition.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©