3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Aging a Kodiak Hunter  (Read 307 times)

Offline John Krause

• Trad Bowhunter
Aging a Kodiak Hunter
« on: February 16, 2009, 12:13:00 PM »
I just picked up a cherry Kodiak Hunter. It is the best one I have ever seen, The previous owner said he hunted with it 2 years and then hung it on the wall.

He said it was a 70 or 71 but a couple other guys have looked at it and think it's a 60's model.

It is the green limbs and rosewood riser. Medium grip, no stabilizer insert. 50lbs and 60" long. The serial # is KT14249

What do you say?
When a man shoots with a bow it is own vigor of body that drives the arrow,  his own mind controls the missile's flight......His trained muscles and toughened thews have done the work

Offline The Great Jashu

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Aging a Kodiak Hunter
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 12:36:00 PM »
K serial number would have been built 1970 or later. No stabilizer insert would meen prior to 71. Stabilzer inserts were an option prior to 71, but after that year all had them. It should also have a flush coin. From the info you gave it should be a 1970 model.
No hunter should feel guilty for killing a deer that doesnt meet someone else's expectations.

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 12:42:00 PM »
John:

If it looks like the one in Deliverance that Jon Voight is carrying (I have one) then it would be a 1970.

Others I haven't a clue.

Offline John Krause

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 12:49:00 PM »
Forgot to say it has a flush gold coin.
When a man shoots with a bow it is own vigor of body that drives the arrow,  his own mind controls the missile's flight......His trained muscles and toughened thews have done the work

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©