3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Clamp-on Kwikee Kwiver?  (Read 581 times)

Offline Bakes168

• Trad Bowhunter
Clamp-on Kwikee Kwiver?
« on: February 17, 2009, 04:20:00 PM »
Anyone used this quiver? What do you think?

Thanks
Zack
"A hunt based only on trophies taken falls short of what the ultimate goal should be...time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and fish that live there"
-Fred Bear

James 2:19-20

USMC Infantry

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Clamp-on Kwikee Kwiver?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 04:31:00 PM »
They were a very popular quiver back in the 60's and 70's (mainly because there wasn't much else out there)

They were also nicknamed the "suicide quiver" (because most didn't have,or use,the additional "hood" piece.Even if you did,it wasn't much safer)

HOWEVER.....Where this quiver REALLY shines,is filled full of rubber blunts for stumping or small game.
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline dino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 04:37:00 PM »
Woodchucker you beat me to it!! LOL.  I have a couple of "suicide quivers" around.  Keep them around just for that, small game arrows.  They were pretty unsafe for broadheads looking back, but I also drove an old Ford Falcon that had a drivers side lap belt.  A wonder we survived. dino
"The most demanding thing you can ask of a piece of wood is for it to become an arrow shaft. You reduce it to the smallest of dimension yet ask it to remain it's strongest, straightest and most durable." Bill Sweetland

Offline Bakes168

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 04:40:00 PM »
What about the one's that 3 Rivers is selling right now?
It doesn't look that bad, the only bad thing in the review was that is was noisy, but other than that the new one looks good.
"A hunt based only on trophies taken falls short of what the ultimate goal should be...time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and fish that live there"
-Fred Bear

USMC Infantry

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 04:50:00 PM »
There are lots of better ones around. I spent money on them in years past; should have saved up for a Selway or similar.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline Gordon martiniuk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 05:01:00 PM »
Hey they were a part of history I still have one that works fine with blunts and field points with broadheads I just use a solo leather protector on broadheads   :knothead:
Gord

Offline Bakes168

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 05:16:00 PM »
Are the ones you guys mentioned the same as the NEW ones that are offered now on 3 Rivers? Because it looks to me like they have a hood.
-Fred Bear

USMC Infantry

Offline Bakes168

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 08:32:00 PM »
ttt
-Fred Bear

USMC Infantry

Offline VA Bowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 09:49:00 PM »
The clamp on Kwikee Kwiver is a really good quiver if you fill the hood with foam as I did in the picture.  When used properly it is a strong and quiet quiver and goes on and off the bow in an instant.  Without the installation of foam it can be quite noisy and will rattle like hell if left on the bow when shooting.  I have always liked it and would recommend it and the price is right.

I got this one from 3 Rivers.

Bows, Broadheads & Backstraps

Offline Paul Mattson

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter

Offline Bakes168

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 10:29:00 PM »
Is having to remove the hood every time you use all 4 arrows a pain? Although, now that I think about it I seldom remove more than one broadhead tipped arrow, so if I left that one in there it wouldn't be a problem. Thanks guys.
-Fred Bear

USMC Infantry

Offline sagebrush

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 11:38:00 PM »
I remember the suicide quivers. Late sixties, early seventies. On one hunt a guy put his bow in the gun rack and then cut his head. Same hunt, a guy was holding his bow on the floor and his hand fell down and the tip went in his wrist. Then we had a bowstring cut. Them was dangerous. Gary

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 06:57:00 AM »
Zack are you taling about the newer ones with the hood?
I have Kwickee clip ons for all of my bows that they fit on. I use the 6 arrow one when stalking and the little 3 arrow when stand hunting. Since I prefer to shoot without the quiver on the bow, the clip on style works great for me.
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline NDTerminator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 07:29:00 AM »
Those things scared the beejeezus out of me even back in the 60's when they were about all was available, and in my youth I wasn't exactly known
for worrying about if my next outdoor adventure or gear was safe or not...  :eek:
"As Trad as I wanna be"

"It's all just archery, and all archery is good"

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 09:06:00 AM »
Originally posted by Bakes168:
Although, now that I think about it I seldom remove more than one broadhead tipped arrow, so if I left that one in there it wouldn't be a problem. Thanks guys.
For the price, check out Alaska Bow Hunting Supply 1 & 2 arrow quivers......
"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©