3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Shot a couple of originals today  (Read 343 times)

Offline Friends call me Pac

• Trad Bowhunter
Shot a couple of originals today
« on: February 17, 2009, 10:55:00 PM »
I drove an hour and a half to help Mr Patton build a web site for Crow Creek bows.  We took a break and he went to his shop and came back with a slick looking recurve called a Copperhead and a single cedar arrow.  

He told me he couldn't shoot anymore due to back and shoulder problems but he wanted me to try that particular bow.  Well, I tried it and it was pretty sweet.  I did hit slightly right but it was consistantly in the same spot.  Nothing that a little brain reprogramming couldn't take care of.

A little while later he came out with another bow.  This one was a long bow and I recognized it as a Blackfeather even though it had no markings.  It shot fine too.

Come to find out these two bows were his personal bows that he had used for years.  They had not been shot in 11 years if I remember correctly.  I guess he just wanted to see them in action once more.  

It was probably eating his heart out watching me shoot but I think he got a little gratification out of it too.

I just wanted to thank Mr Patton for taking me under his wing and helping me in so many ways with tradional bows.
USAF Retired '85-'05

An old hand me down recurve sparked the fire, Trad Gang fanned the flames.  There is no stopping now.  Burn baby burn!

Offline Peachey

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shot a couple of originals today
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 07:13:00 AM »
I went to Elmers house last September also. We went out to his shop and sat and talked for hours. Me and his son shot our bows while he watched and I think he had as much fun as we did. He is a very interesting and talented man. I really enjoy the bows he has made me. I have 5 of them and he's making me another now.

Offline MikeW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 07:37:00 AM »
Keep us posted on his web site please. His bows are on my "must have list"
TIA
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

Offline metsastaja

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 08:11:00 AM »
I love my Copperhead. 58" 54@28.

I was playing with CE 250 carbons last week and found the right combination while bareshafting. The three touching are  30"shaft 100g insert 125g tip. 573 total weight. The total group is 6"

Les Heilakka
TGMM Family of the Bow  
Some times the uneventful nights are just as good if not better than the eventful ones

Offline mwmwmb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 08:43:00 AM »
I am jealous. I was looking at some of the crow creek bows at the local shop a few days ago.

Offline Jack Guard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 09:04:00 AM »
Oh man, you guys are killing me.  looks like i just added another bow maker to my Bucket list.
TGMM Family of the Bow
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 09:13:00 AM »
Men like Elmer Patton are few and far between now-a-days. He built me a bow last summer and we spent many an hour chatting on the phone about the "signs of the times". He is a gentleman, has an opinion and isn't afraid to voice it if you ask. He builds a heckuva bow and will work with you on getting the bow that you see in your mind...............into your hands. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another bow from him, sight-unseen. Perhaps someday I will actuallly get to meet him, until then I'll just keep shootin' my Blackfeather.

Winter Hawk
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 10:48:00 AM »
Originally posted by MikeW:
Keep us posted on his web site please. His bows are on my "must have list"
TIA
The site is till in the infancy stage.  You can see it at pactaclures.com

Just go to pactac and select the Crow Creek link to get an early look at it if you would like.  

On my computer everything looks good but on Mr Patton's computer photos and words are out of place.  I have hi speed and he has dial up so I don't know if that is the reason or not.

I would appreciate it if I had some other eyes on the page so problems could be fixed.

If you look at it and something isn't right I would like to ask you to pm or email me so I will know what you are seeing.
USAF Retired '85-'05

An old hand me down recurve sparked the fire, Trad Gang fanned the flames.  There is no stopping now.  Burn baby burn!

Offline MikeW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 12:55:00 PM »
I would appreciate it if I had some other eyes on the page so problems could be fixed.
I opened it in Fireox,Netscape & IE and it all worked fine. One thing, the pics are too big(kb) size wise and it really takes awhile to load. I D/L one of them and it's 3.7 meg. I could get that same size pic down to under 1/2 meg at the same resolution with photoshop,the page would load way faster like that.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 02:53:00 PM »
I don't have photoshop but my daughter might.  Mr Patton has helped me a lot and I wanted to give back.  This was the best way I knew how even though web pages are not my specialty.  

If he wanted to fish I'd have him hooked up already but this is what he asked for so I'm doing my best to make him happy.
USAF Retired '85-'05

Offline MikeW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 06:12:00 PM »
^^^^
Good job....Check your PM's

Offline mwmwmb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 06:28:00 PM »
i went and the main crow creek page the pic is covering the elmer patton. some of the other pages have problems with words being jumbled. I am on highspeed.

Offline MikeW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 06:56:00 PM »
I don't have any issues with any of the pages. High speed to. It's going to be a browser issue most likely. He is going to need to know what browser you are using and what version.

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 07:11:00 PM »
Anyone know the shop that carries his bows?

Offline mwmwmb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 07:42:00 PM »
gator i sent you a PM. but for those interested. Archers Advantage here in Little Rock Carries Crow Creek.

Offline AdamH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 08:22:00 PM »
I too Spoke with Elmer Patton, heck of a gentleman !! Wanted to order a BlackFeather but due to other issues wasn't able to, tore me up for awhile, I've looked MANY times at his Bows,, Simply Beautiful !! Very Talented Man & Genuine !! Thanks Mr. Patton ........

Offline metsastaja

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 09:05:00 PM »
Opening page left side photo covers whatever is above our bows.. and our bows are half covered.

Ditto on the photos,,need to be reduced for web.  
PAC I can grab them from the pages and email them to you.  Just send me a pm and be more then happy.

I LOVE MY COPPERHEAD
Les Heilakka
TGMM Family of the Bow  
Some times the uneventful nights are just as good if not better than the eventful ones

Offline metsastaja

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 09:21:00 PM »
Pac here are screen shots of page
Firefox on laptop

Safari on laptop

You might want to reduce large photo in dimensions

I will do it on desktop tomorrow
Les Heilakka
TGMM Family of the Bow  

Offline MikeW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2009, 09:45:00 PM »
Here's what mine looks like

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 12:20:00 AM »
Mike your mailbox is full.  The postman is going to get mad if you don't clean it out.
USAF Retired '85-'05

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©