3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bows in the house  (Read 349 times)

Offline Bear Heart

• Trad Bowhunter
Bows in the house
« on: February 17, 2009, 11:30:00 PM »
Victory is mine!  I finally wore my wife down and now have permission to hang my bows in our room instead of the garage.  I would have rather had them in the main area where people would see them.  I have slowing been bringing them in and leaving them on my dresser.  I told her they now have residency and tenant's rights.  Next goal: A bow rack in the front room.
Traditional Bowhunters of Washington
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad
"Memories before merchandise!"

Offline L. E. Carroll

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bows in the house
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 11:57:00 PM »
:thumbsup:  
Gene
by the way we live in a small 24x32 Log Cabin [with a large bedroom and loft up stairs]
Tall Tines R/C
64 Kodiak
69 Super Kodiak Big River replica
56" 55$# Static Tipped Kwyk Styk
Blacktail Elite
54 dual shelf Compass Kodiak

PBS Associate Member
Traditional Bowhunters of WA.

Offline Rooselk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 12:23:00 AM »
My bows are hanging on our bedroom wall. There's also two racks of arrows, a couple of antler mounts, several framed B&C and P&Y posters, my RMEF Life Member plaque, and a few framed sprint car racing pics/posters. Several times my wife has reminded me, "there's not one feminine thing in this bedroom." My usual reply is, "and there's not one masculine thing in the kitchen." That's usually when I get slapped upside the head.

:D
Compton Traditional Bowhunters • Traditional Bowhunters of Montana • Montana Bowhunters Association

Offline Rick P

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 12:53:00 AM »
Mine are displayed prominently on the walls of our living room, there was never any question that they were going to be displayed proudly in my home. There can be no doubt from the moment you step into my place that a tradbow/hunting fanatic lives here. Hope to have a couple of new bear rugs for the couch in the next few months as well.
Just this Alaskan's opinion

Offline Lechwe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 08:33:00 AM »
I keep mine locked in my gun room since my wife can count. Keeping them in the bedroom where the wife see's them everyday will just allow her to notice when they multiply.

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 08:47:00 AM »
Funny, Lechwe.

Offline dan ferguson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 09:27:00 AM »
Just to let you know, you can lose to, I had all my racks and mount in the family at one time but I got some of them voted out, my 4 daughters and wife voted 5 to 1 in favor of reducing it down to 5 deer racks 1 antelope and two fish so I had to make a man room to put the rest in, thats what I get for having all girls.

Offline Dave Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 09:30:00 AM »
also have em in my "huntin room" which is a extra bedroom converted to a man cave of sorts with heads/bows/ pics  etc . but we also have a couple heads and a couple longbows displayed in the livin room... come on Bear heart.. its your house too !!  LOL !!    :biglaugh:
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV recurve 54@28
60” Widow KBX recurve 53@27
64” DGA longbow 48@27

Offline Dustin Waters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 09:39:00 AM »
I just brought two mounts home from the taxidermy shop and was promptly pointed to the back office with them.  I have since hung a bow rack, several pictures, a turkey gobbling on the roost mount, two turkey fans, an arrow rack, and my two deer heads in that room.  Im out growing it and need to get a bigger space.  Looks like turning the garage into a family room is my only chance.

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 09:51:00 AM »
Good job. Going slow is the key. You have to expose them gently to the idea, making them an everyday occurance. After awhile it will just be apart of the surroundings.   :D   I know a guy who took over his wifes walk-in closet for his archery stuff! He's gooood!
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 09:56:00 AM »
Originally posted by Rooselk:
My bows are hanging on our bedroom wall. There's also two racks of arrows, a couple of antler mounts, several framed B&C and P&Y posters, my RMEF Life Member plaque, and a few framed sprint car racing pics/posters. Several times my wife has reminded me, "there's not one feminine thing in this bedroom." My usual reply is, "and there's not one masculine thing in the kitchen." That's usually when I get slapped upside the head.

:D    
Rich,

The next time your wife says that to you, tell her that her femininity when she's in the bedroom outshines everything you have on the wall in your bedroom.      ;)        :)  

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

-----------------------------------
Groves Flame Recurve 62", 45#@28"

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy

Offline D.Sheppard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 10:39:00 AM »
:thumbsup:  Wildman didn't get that old bumping heads with mama. Listen and learn young Skywalker
"We're just a bunch of part time amateur hunters giving chase to full time professional animals."

Offline blind one

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 10:45:00 AM »
I got my better half to start shooting trad with me. I can now have as many as I want ,but hers goes on the top of the rack   :)  .Its worked with bowling,golf and pool. She even came home from a yard sale with a camo jon boat one time...
"To die is nothing. One is here, One is no longer here. It is only at the end one must be able to say 'I was a man'"...

Offline S. Brant Osborn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 02:00:00 PM »
I need that fellows name Snag.  he is officially my HERO.  

My trick is to not hang them in display.  I just prop em up in the corners.
"I'm the proud son of a Vietnam Vet and proud to be Made in America!"

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 02:46:00 PM »
If you are patient, loving, and kind she may reward you with a "Man Room" That is what I have and it is all mine none of her stuff allowed. LOL
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 09:16:00 PM »
My Man Room is the whole freakin' house. Sitting here, I can count about thirty bows. Two shoulder mounts. Three skulls. Loose antlers. About ten square feet of area taken up by arrows and shafting, another ten of junk, and a sheaf of river cane eight feet long. Three quarters of the sofa (rescued on its way to the dump twenty years ago) is taken up with a wooden Steal-Me rack that previously held guns, was put on my wall...oh. Five more bows. It was falling off the wall so I took it down, looked for a place to put it, and everything was taken except the sofa. This is in a space of about 200 square feet. And the feather burner is parked in front of the microwave.

So, when you come home after a hard day's chasin' bacon, grab a beer and meander back to the living room, and there is a place to sit...thank your lucky stars that you married that compulsive-obsessive-about-a-house-in-order normal-type female instead of me!

Now where did I set those broadheads down?
Killdeer   :saywhat:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline L. E. Carroll

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 11:52:00 PM »
Killie, where were you back say 30 years ago? You sound just like what I was looking for!!   :banghead:    :goldtooth:  
Gene
Tall Tines R/C
64 Kodiak
69 Super Kodiak Big River replica
56" 55$# Static Tipped Kwyk Styk
Blacktail Elite
54 dual shelf Compass Kodiak

PBS Associate Member
Traditional Bowhunters of WA.

Offline Bear Heart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 01:20:00 AM »
I used to have a Man Room.  I was married, 21, and had two dogs no kids.  I now have a two year old and adopting another one and will probably have one more after that.
I now have a man area in the garage.  When I got kicked out of my man room the garage became my man room.  Now kids stuff that we don't want to buy again fills it up.  Thus the icy cold or blazing inferno, depending what time of year, man corner.
I know, Start the violin music.   :(
Traditional Bowhunters of Washington
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad
"Memories before merchandise!"

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 05:35:00 AM »
30 years ago I had a rented room full of records and a mind full of mush.   :rolleyes:

Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline doctari

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 09:44:00 AM »
At least you found your way Killdeer. I Have the whole basement as my own sherwood forrest. I have found out when I have non-hunting friends over,they tend to admire the bows hanging on the cedar rack I made. They tend to ask questions and want to hold one in there hands. I have deer, bears, caribou, and other mounts and oddities in the room, but the bows seem to draw the most attention from some. To me they are just as nice to look at as great pieces of art. So why not display them proudly.
"So long as the new moon returns in heavan a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold the hearts of men."   Maurice Thompson The Witchery of Archery

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©