3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Aussies, New Zealanders, Canadians, and maybe others  (Read 399 times)

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
Aussies, New Zealanders, Canadians, and maybe others
« on: February 18, 2009, 05:55:00 PM »
I'm looking for a particular pattern wool shirt that I had about 25 or more years ago.  I believe it may have been called a Manitoba plaid, but I also saw one being worn by a New Zealander at O-Haire Airport in Chicago 20 plus years ago, and he told me he got it in his homeland.  A few army surplus stores in Wisconsin carried a shirt made by Codet, a Canadian company I believe, that was very similar to what I'm looking for.  Anyway, here it is.  A wool plaid shirt the colors of which were green, black, a burnt orange, yellow and perhaps just a little red and white or creme.  If anyone knows of a manufacturer who still makes that shirt, I would appreciate it if you would forward the address, web site or whatever to me.  Thanks.

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
Re: Aussies, New Zealanders, Canadians, and maybe others
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 06:55:00 PM »
This is all I have for you mate, top gear and well made... just high end in price is all.

http://www.swanndri.co.nz/root.aspx

ak.
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 08:00:00 PM »
Thanks, Al.  I know about Swanndri.  Good stuff.  Unfortunately, they don't offer that wierd combination of colors I'm looking for.

Offline TomMcDonald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 10:23:00 PM »
Check **** preiodically. There are vintage hunting clothes there from time to time.

Offline Precurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 06:33:00 AM »
Look at the Johnson Woolen Mills site.  I believe they have a shirt in the pattern you've described.  Another is Bemidji Woolen Mills in northern Minnesota.

Dave

Online Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 08:47:00 AM »
just check w/swandri and see if they'll make it up for you. The only hunting shirts i own !
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Offline Paul Mattson

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 09:43:00 AM »
Have you ckecked in any of the Fleet Farms?  I was in the one in Beaver Dam, browsing the Army Surplus section.  They had alot of wool, I do remember an odd color combination simular to yours.

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 11:12:00 AM »
Thanks, Tom.  I've been watching the auction site.  Haven't seen the pattern I'm looking for.  

Precurve, both Johnson and Bemidji offer something that's close.  They lack the yellow and orange, though.  I'm pretty certain that one of those companies used to make the shirt I'm looking for.

bmlongshot, I've thought of that, but they don't have a pattern that comes close.  I don't think they'd weave the fabric for me, and if they did, I doubt I would be able to afford it.

Paul, Haven't been to any Fleet Farms or Farm and Fleets recently.  I'll give that a try.  As I remember, I did initially see it at an Army Surplus store in northern Wisconsin.  Wish I had bought a few then about 20-25 years ago.

I'll keep trying.  Any more suggestions?

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 09:10:00 PM »
yeppers... post a pic when you find it.

ChuckC

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©